No announcement yet.

Deontay Wilder: love him or hate him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by denium View Post
    Wilder makes promises he can't keep, he lies and cons a gullible American public, and doesn't deliver in the ring, in his last fight he went life and death with some French guy nobody had ever heard of. I admit that he's entertaining in a brawler sort of way.
    Not sure about that last part. I think that's actually one of his strongest points.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
      I used to think he was more or less the new version of Michael Grant but he surprised me with his performance against Stiverne, he looked very solid. There are still question marks because of his lack of good opponents but I now believe he's a lot better than people give him credit for.

I'm still not completely sold on him but Wilder with flaws and all makes him unpredictable and an exciting fighter, I get the feeling he can beat anyone but also lose to anyone. At the end of the day he's good for the HW divison.
      Yeah, I think a lot more highly of him since the Stiverne fight, where he really showed a maturity I never thought he possessed. His blips against Molina and Duhapuas I put down more to lack of concentration, which seems to be a problem for him, much as it used to be for Fury, but I feel confident that he'll up his game the better the level of fighter he's facing. At a certain stage his flaws will be made to bite him in the ass, but I don't think the dangerous but rather limited Povetkin will be the one to capitalise on them.

Comment

You cannot really 'hate' a guy you don't know in person. That kind of rhetoric is for children and fanboys, like the OP.

Comment

Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
          You cannot really 'hate' a guy you don't know in person. That kind of rhetoric is for children and fanboys, like the OP.
          You're a rather sad little soul, aren't you?

Comment

Don't think he has done anything for anyone to "Hate" on him, would like for his fight with Povetkin to take place this year doe..

Comment

I think he's entertaining because you never know how he's going to perform....hoping Wilder and Fury somehow manage to face each other soon, their fight build up will be awesome.

Comment

I don't know Walter Palmer personally (the guy who shot and killed Cecil the Lion) but i still hate him.

But back on topic, i don't hate Wilder, and if he steps up and beats a legit contender he'll probably make a fan out of me. I just dislike fighters who talk the talk, but don't back it up.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
                  I don't know Walter Palmer personally (the guy who shot and killed Cecil the Lion) but i still hate him.

But back on topic, i don't hate Wilder, and if he steps up and beats a legit contender he'll probably make a fan out of me. I just dislike fighters who talk the talk, but don't back it up.
                  What if he beats Fury?

Comment

What if he beats Fury?
                    If Wilder beats Fury then I'd hold my hands up and give him the praise he deserved.

Just like i would've done to Wladimir if he'd beaten Fury, and I'll do the same if he beats Fury in the rematch.

Comment

... which is obvious...
                      ... the same goes for one who's "loving" a fighter -- because that one must a chick or a homo funboy.

Comment

Working...
                      X