No announcement yet.

Open Letter to Floyd Mayweather from a Fan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BarryRobinson View Post
    Oh I thought the hatton fight was fought on the inside 70% of the time but i could be wrong. I'd have to watch the video
    So there's no movement inside?

Movement isn't relegated to just running around. Mayweather is a GREAT inside fighter, and uses his legs to set up counter shots, something he did less vs Cotto. Wouldn't you agree?

I don't have the video, since I don't spend a ton of time watching videos.

Comment

your a trainer. every trainer watches video including Nacho, Garcia, Mcgirt, Sdunek, Mayweather, Hunter.

Comment

Originally posted by BarryRobinson View Post
        well people say he slowed down because they refuse to watch fights.. Mayweather fought Corley, Judah, Mosely and others flat footed...
        Fighting flatfooted and slowing down are two different things. If Floyd slowed down then he wouldn't be as effective fighting flatfooted as he was before. He wouldn't be quite as effective using any technique. He would probably get tagged more.

I'm not so convinced Floyd hasn't slowed down. One thing sticks out in my mind from 30 days in May documentary. After the Cotto fight, asome point during the walk back to the dressing room, Floyd told his own team he was impressed by Cotto - he said "that boy might make me retire, that fight was hard."

That's a piece of film that might be worth studying if you haven't seen it yet. Age might be catching up with Floyd, we don't know for sure.

Comment

floyd was very active vs corley and he kept circling to avoid the ropes, he used his legs alot in that fight.

remember rd 4 vs ortiz in the beggining where he had that flurry? doing that the entire fight is what he was doing vs corley(only watched that till around rd 8 tho, might have slowed down, corley sure did) and i'd be very suprised if he could fight like that now, he almost always gravitates to the ropes, if he can fight like he did vs corley, yea he beats guerrero to a pulp, doubt it though

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
            I don't think there's any real reason for Mayweather getting beat up against Cotto, other than Cotto had a sick ass doubble popping jab!
            He was landing the jab really well in that fight, he just couldn't follow up.

Comment

I agree! I don't want to see Boxers try to win over Brawling Fans, stick to what you do best like Rigondeaux did against Donaire. You was trained the PROPER WAY on how to BOX, why in the hell should you change that now just to win over a few Ignorant Fans and Media People!

Mayweather was putting on a clinic the first 5 or 6 rounds against Cotto, but then he stopped throwing punches and started leaning on the ropes, stayed right in front of Cotto and was just trying to Roll Punches then turned it back on in the 9th Round I think it was

I think he could have easily put on a Clinic that entire fight but it seems like he wanted to please HBO and some fans by showing his Toughness after building a solid lead

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                I hope it's a tough fight, but unless Floyd has drastically changed in the last year or so, I think he adjusts against Guerrero and kills him.

He isn't moving very well as of late and that's his biggest downfall but he's 36 years old and I don't know if he can turn back the clock to those days when he moved more fluidly.

No excuses. Bernard Hopkins has shown more lateral movements in his early 40's than Floyd has shown us as of late. I don't expect to see Floyd moving as fluidly as he did against Corrales anytime soon, but i do think he can show better lateral movements than he has shown in his last few fights. He got caught by Mosley when he stood his ground, but i didn't give too much thoughts to it since it could have happened to anyone.

However, in the Cotto fight, Floyd could have fought on the outside and controlled the tempo of the fight, but i just don't know why he didn't do it or couldn't have done it. I must give credit where it's due. Cotto and Pedro Diaz had a great game plan and they arguably were able to dictated the tempo of the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
                  No excuses. Bernard Hopkins has shown more lateral movements in his early 40's than Floyd has shown us as of late. I don't expect to see Floyd moving as fluidly as he did against Corrales anytime soon, but i do think he can show better lateral movements than he has shown in his last few fights. He got caught by Mosley when he stood his ground, but i didn't give too much thoughts to it since it could have happened to anyone.

However, in the Cotto fight, Floyd could have fought on the outside and controlled the tempo of the fight, but i just don't know why he didn't do it or couldn't have done it. I must give credit where it's due. Cotto and Pedro Diaz had a great game plan and they arguably were able to dictated the tempo of the fight.
                  Floyd said he wanted to knock Cotto out but was unable to.

Comment

Floyd has slowed down. It won't help him to ignore it. What's important is how he adjusts his style

Comment

Cotto landed a few good body shots in spurts even though they were overshadowed by Floyd's more eye-catching cleaner shots. Floyd got tagged with two-three jabs when he fought off the ropes and he just stood there like his feet were stuck in cement even after Cotto immediately retreated back to the center of the ring. I know that Floyd Sr has a big ego and will say what's on his mind even if it means bruising his son's fragile ego, but he's the exact type of trainer that Floyd needs.

Comment

Working...
                      X