Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There's no doubt in my mind Capetillo load Marg's wraps for Miguel Cotto fight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
    I agree. Think about it. Why would Capetillo start the cheating with the Mosley fight? It makes no sense. No it was more likely that the Williams defeat made Capetillo look for ways to gain an edge. Enter illegal wraps.
    Maybe even before like the Clottey fight. Marg broke Joshua's arm since the latter was blocking lots of the punches. A properly gloved hand wouldn't do that to Clottey.

Comment

Originally posted by Republica View Post
      Maybe even before like the Clottey fight. Marg broke Joshua's arm since the latter was blocking lots of the punches. A properly gloved hand wouldn't do that to Clottey.

So what your saying is that everyone of the inspectors in every state couldnt find it but Nazeem did. Sounds like your putting faith in something that is highly unlikely.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuurzhaelan View Post
        That's an american thing, and then, just in a court of law. This is public opinion we are discussing here. Public opinion largely favors the belief that margachito cheated against Cotto. We cannot prove it, but there is evidence to support it, things margachito's supporters will dismiss out of hand, but it IS evidence.

In the court of public opinion, which is the only court that matters at this point, margachito is GUILTY. He has to prove himself innocent, and he cannot do that. Too bad, so sad. Stop whining about him not getting a fair shake.
        Not only that, it is only valid in state v joe cases (penal code I believe) in Administrative or Civil matters that doesn't apply, which is why based on the evidence, negative impact on boxing's image etc. California can tell Margo to go screw himself.

Comment

Originally posted by yesir View Post
          anyone who believe that he loaded his gloves for the first time against shane, is a fool
          a god-damned fool.

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
            a god-damned fool.

Yet nobody can seem to prove it!

Comment

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
              Yet nobody can seem to prove it!
              oh man, i don't have 8-double A's so my time machine won't start until i get over this high and over to Loews.

you lemming, yeah, he loaded and got caught his first time out and not for the biggest fight of his career; cotto.

be a fan of mexican fighters, but don't be a ****en idiot.

Comment

oh man, i don't have 8-double A's so my time machine won't start until i get over this high and over to Loews.

you lemming, yeah, he loaded and got caught his first time out and not for the biggest fight of his career; cotto.

be a fan of mexican fighters, but don't be a ****en idiot.

Ugh didnt Tony fight in every major boxing state with the best most experienced inspectors in the world overseeing his hands getting wrapped? It's unreasonable to think that he got it past everyone of these inspectors over and over again just so you can excuse Cottos loss. Thats what this comes down too excusing Cottos loss. Had he never fought Cotto nobody would be making this argument hell nobody would even really care considering Tony wasn't an undefeated fighter before he fought Cotto.

Comment

Meh, Margarito hit Cotto with a lot of flush shots to the body and to the head, most particularly with the left uppercut.

imo, if Margarito actually had concrete hands and was landing those kinds of flush shots, Cotto would have been WAY more seriously hurt than he was. he took way too many punches as is, and if they were actually loaded gloves, Cotto would have gotten his bones cracked or something...but he really only got beat up, no worse than what Pacquiao did to him.

oh yea and someone in this thread said that Margarito 'broke Clottey's arm' or something to that effect. Unbelievable. Clottey himself came out and said that his hand injury was nothing more than a stress fracture in his fist.
                  Hilarious how people use that excuse for Clottey.
                  Last edited by Steak; 08-24-2010, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
                    Ugh Tony fought in every major boxing state with the best most experienced inspectors in the world overseeing his hands getting wrapped? It's unreasonable to think that he got it past everyone of these inspectors over and over again just so you can excuse Cottos loss. Thats what this comes down too excusing Cottos loss. Had he never fought Cotto nobody would be making this argument hell nobody would even really care considering Tony wasn't an undefeated fighter before he fought Cotto.
                    when you state generalities like "tony fought in every major boxing state with the best most experienced inspectors in the world" you speculate, as am i; however, difference here is that i tend to side with who would have more incentive. look, margarito was facing the best fighter he had ever faced up until that point, in addition to making elite type money for the rest of his career. big motivators to change something up in your preparation in a fight; a lot to lose there.

so you have 3 outcomes here in that you have either a) a plethora of idiot inspectors who didn't do their jobs right and just missed it (there is precedent to this) b) a very calculated slick, scheme that margs and or his team employed to get past the inspections with the inserts or c) he was that idiot kid who was caught with his hand in the cookie jar the first time out.

see, i see it like this - who has the most to benefit from this? the inspectors, speculate for a moment, that team 'rito is offering every inspector they worked with a G off the break to be out of the room or not look; you'd have your share of partakers and then you wouldn't - too risky; so probably not.

the notion of margarito having to do this for every fight is absurd, he didn't fight an elite fighter like cotto, until cotto, save for paul williams and kermit contron; i wouldn't see the likelihood to load up. for purposes of potential fall out - you wouldn't load up every time out.

the potential that cotto likes to stay close when the punches start flying, coupled with some inserts takes a fair fight sour.

if it happened, which i'm almost positive it did, the physical and mental advantage that man had over cotto that fight was inordinate.

Comment

when you state generalities like "tony fought in every major boxing state with the best most experienced inspectors in the world" you speculate, as am i; however, difference here is that i tend to side with who would have more incentive. look, margarito was facing the best fighter he had ever faced up until that point, in addition to making elite type money for the rest of his career. big motivators to change something up in your preparation in a fight; a lot to lose there.

so you have 3 outcomes here in that you have either a) a plethora of idiot inspectors who didn't do their jobs right and just missed it (there is precedent to this) b) a very calculated slick, scheme that margs and or his team employed to get past the inspections with the inserts or c) he was that idiot kid who was caught with his hand in the cookie jar the first time out.

see, i see it like this - who has the most to benefit from this? the inspectors, speculate for a moment, that team 'rito is offering every inspector they worked with a G off the break to be out of the room or not look; you'd have your share of partakers and then you wouldn't - too risky; so probably not.

the notion of margarito having to do this for every fight is absurd, he didn't fight an elite fighter like cotto, until cotto, save for paul williams and kermit contron; i wouldn't see the likelihood to load up. for purposes of potential fall out - you wouldn't load up every time out.

the potential that cotto likes to stay close when the punches start flying, coupled with some inserts takes a fair fight sour.

if it happened, which i'm almost positive it did, the physical and mental advantage that man had over cotto that fight was inordinate.
                      So now you are creating imaginary scenerios of bribing officials to support your already imaginary observation that has no proof to back it up with? Nice!!

Comment

Working...
                      X