Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Mark's Jesus 'demon-possessed' by the Holy Spirit?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nah, not because I just do... if thats all it was, it'd just be a bunch of "good ideas" and I have found it to be much more.

Comment

i've already given reasons for my faith. if you've never given God a fair chance to come into your life then you're not really in any credible position to judge the results.

Comment

Originally posted by Purity
        i've already given reasons for my faith. if you've never given God a fair chance to come into your life then you're not really in any credible position to judge the results.

Personally I think being at my age of 18 I am way too young to determine a faith when I'm going to live for another 60 years, that is a lot of learning to do. And I used to be a Christian, I was raised as one, but I plan on finding peace on my own terms for now. The whole giving yourself to Jesus to me is just giving up. Every single person on this Earth is trying to feel fullfilled, but that fulfillment comes from hundreds of books, not one. It comes from experiencing every different side of the argument, not one, and so on.

Life is what it is, there is no salvation from a higher being, no one can forgive you for immoral acts but yourself. There has to be a spiritual part inside of us but in no way does my soul have any ties to a religion was spread through an iron fist. Chances are if a lot of people believe it, its wrong. Humanity wasn't meant to be right, life isn't about the ends its about the means... and thats about all I can ramble about for now.

Comment

well yer a pretty good rambler and it's good ta have you back. i can't speak for other's decisions on why they do or don't accept the bible. i can only speak for myself and what's it done to me personally, and that's credible enough. what you speak is from your point of view and ditto to me. for every arguement you can give against the existence of a higher being or living for Jesus, i can give you one back. but it doesn't matter because, like you said, we all like to be fulfilled.

i've read countless of books and have studied other types of credible faiths, ideas, etc for the last 10 years and, in the end, i don't do it to search for fullfillment. i do it cause it's fun and cause i like to experience different ideas, cultures, and stories. stretching your brain helps you appreciate and utilize the many underappreciated gifts that we've been given.

keep studying & exploring, have fun, be humble, and in the end you'll hopefully be fullfilled. just don't "give up" by casting judgements of what salvation does or doesn't come from. only 30% believe in Jesus and the iron fist was a result from mostly people and not God.

Comment

ok, first off, i don't believe you wrote that Prime. but who cares.
            I didn't do all the research, as far as what each book of the bible said in reference to my post, but the post came from me. I actually went to church Sunday and took notes, this was the discussion.

Comment

This is so awesome that a thread like this got started. :: bows ::
              However, I haven’t had my coffee yet and am a walking zombie. So I’ll post my thoughts later. Again, these are the kind of threads that need to be started MORE in this forum!

Comment

The main point behind the post is whether or not people believe that Jesus was a human who became divine, or a divine spirit from birth. It seems you believe in the latter. So then why was Jesus baptized? Also, how do you explain The Holy Spirit sending Jesus into the wilderness, indicating that Jesus went alone, without the Holy Spirit. It just seems to me when you read/hear the different versions of those books, Mark makes one to belive that Jesus was just a man whom was possessed by the spirit of God. Hece no mention of Jthe Immaculate Conception.

Comment

If I give you a comprehensive answer to these questions of Jesus being fully God and fully man, will you read what I type with seriousness? I only ask because I'm going to type a lot; and if you're serious about this, I'd be more than glad to give you my answers.

Comment

I didn't type all this out for nothin bro.

Comment

so here's my opinion: this is just more confused crap that happens when people treat the Bible like a textbook. there are millions of theories and none of them ever come close to what God's initial intention was. keep it simple folks. it's not that tricky.
                      What fun would that be though.

Comment

Working...
                      X