Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are Rigo and GGG(GOLOVKIN) highly regarded by posters yet Canelo is criticized?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canelo is a threat to the Floydiots

Comment

might have something to do with the fact they are two fo the greatest amateurs of all time ..............

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
        Canelo is a threat to the Floydiots
        ????what??
        Originally posted by revs1227 View Post
        might have something to do with the fact they are two fo the greatest amateurs of all time ..............
        what does Amateurs have to do with pros man...im talking bout pro fights here

Comment

If Rigo and GGG were mentioned as opponents for Floyd, people would trash the **** out of them.

Until then Floyd is scared to death and they are future ATGs...

Comment

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
            I agree his comp needs to step up and it appears it is,Trout seems to be next...and people forget he wanted Paul Williams and Kirkland last year only for Williams to be tragically hurt and Kirkland went full ******,so he tried to settle for Ortiz but he got his **** pushed in so we were stuck with Lopez..then he wanted Cotto but he lost to Trout now it seems we got Trout

Without shytng on any of these three fighters i believe its a number of things that make this such an issue and hard to understand;

some context:

1. GGG and Rego Have great AM backgrounds (dont know that the pro bodies should take this into account but both guys have an international presence)

2. Canelo is viewed through the lense of a popular figure who is percieve to be pampered.(this negates "unfairly" all the hard work he may have actually put in)

3. Comparing opponent History is very tricky and faulty as a measure of who deserves their ranking(especially with these three)

The more obvious answer to your quetions:

There are thousands of posters w/negative opinions of athletes(I once saw a thread where someone called Jordan Overated, posters age was 20 in 2011, go figure)

People like to go against other nationalities (its ok everyone does it)

We all have to admit that Sulaiman is very helpful in making someone a star in mexico.

Comment

Canelo's mexican so that comes with its haters alone, plus the way he looks add fuel to the fire. Plus he is likely a opponent for Mayweather so Mayweather fanboys must do some pre hating just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                Name me another fighter in the history of boxing who 11 fights into their career already had 4 title defenses.

I'll wait.
                Even if that were true, which it can be if you want to be loose with the rules what exactly does that get him a medal of some sort?

I actually like Rigondeaux and think he stands a good chance against Donaire but he really hasn't done much in boxing, for 11 fights he has done fine and Ramos was a good test. He has done good, but don't talk like what he has done is something great.
                Last edited by The Gambler1981; 01-02-2013, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
                  He has fought better fighters than both at the world level,yet these 2 are talked about like they have these great resumes and have been destroying world class fighters..Neither has done jack**** worth mentioning NOT TO MENTION BOTH ARE OVER 30 yet posters act like the entire boxing world is ducking them yet in the same breath try to talk Like Canelo WHO IS ONLY 22 has been fighting bums(sure he needs to step up his comp and it seems he is and has been trying to) i just do not get the biased on this forum..who in the hell has Rigo fought??who has this GGG dude fought that makes them such beast??and don't bring up Amateur fights im talking pro fights
                  I actually totally agree. I just do not understand the hype surrounding either guy. Both are good fighters, may be even very good but neither has done anything to deserve the praise they get and neither man has done enough to get big money shots. GGG should be fighting top 10 MWs before he challenges Sergio. Rigo has even more work to do before he is a worthy opponent for Donaire.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
                    Rigo won the title from Ramos and defended it twice..... But to answer your question....

Post #47
                    at 108 guys are getting title shots early all of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                      Even if that were true, which it can be if you want to be loose with the rules what exactly does that get him a medal of some sort?

I actually like Rigondeaux and think he stands a good chance against Donaire but he really hasn't done much in boxing, for 11 fights he has done fine and Ramos was a good test. He has done good, but don't talk like what he has done is something great.
                      You are criticizing him because he only has 11 fights? Name me someone who accomplished more in 11 fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X