Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will be remembered as the greater fighter: Bernard Hopkins or Floyd Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Mayweather fights for another decade, he might be considered equal to Hopkins in some way.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
      I picked Mayweather. Let's be realistic - Hopkins gets an inordinate amount of praise for fighting at such an old age. Hopkins has beat some decent names but has so in ugly fashion and has had to resort to illegal tactics to win some of those fights. He also pulled a quit job against Chad Dawson several years ago, faking a back injury.

Floyd Mayweather on the other hand, has won most of his fights in decisive fashion. He's dominated his opponents and has fought top opposition albeit occasionally cherry picked. Floyd Mayweather has more boxing talent and skill than does Bernard Hopkins. Mayweather always has a incredible desire to win everytime he fights whereas Bernard is not always concerned about winning

When all's said and done, Mayweather will be remembered as the better and more skilled fighter than Hopkins
      Sorry but when Floyd wins, it's not because he comes in there blazing. Floyd just does enough to win the round. Nothing and I mean NOTHING MORE!

Floyd may look a bit flashier when he connects but you need to take something very important into consideration. Hopkins has been also fighting fighters who were considered the favorites. Due to Hopkins winning many of those fights, Saturday's odds were not as lopsided as they should have been. Everyone doubted themselves to pick against Hopkins because he somehow manages to go against the odds and win.

Yesterday, like I expected, Hopkins was in over his head. It would have been interesting to see a younger Hopkins but at least Hopkins takes on the challenges. That counts for a lot in my book. Yes, you can go 47-0 against fighters who you are expected to beat but how about when you challenge yourself like Hopkins has been doing. Then what?

Lately it has gotten even worse. Floyd's opponent have very few things going for them yet Floyd manages to take those advantages away from them too.

At the end of the day, this is how one can summarize their legacy:
      Hopkins did more with less.
      Floyd did less with more.

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
        Sorry but when Floyd wins, it's not because he comes in there blazing. Floyd just does enough to win the round. Nothing and I mean NOTHING MORE!

Floyd may look a bit flashier when he connects but you need to take something very important into consideration. Hopkins has been also fighting fighters who were considered the favorites. Due to Hopkins winning many of those fights, Saturday's odds were not as lopsided as they should have been. Everyone doubted themselves to pick against Hopkins because he somehow manages to go against the odds and win.

Yesterday, like I expected, Hopkins was in over his head. It would have been interesting to see a younger Hopkins but at least Hopkins takes on the challenges. That counts for a lot in my book. Yes, you can go 47-0 against fighters who you are expected to beat but how about when you challenge yourself like Hopkins has been doing. Then what?

Lately it has gotten even worse. Floyd's opponent have very few things going for them yet Floyd manages to take those advantages away from them too.

At the end of the day, this is how one can summarize their legacy:
        Hopkins did more with less.
        Floyd did less with more.
        If floyd fought pac and won, would you say floyd is a better ATG then hopkins?? Or would you still stand firm on what you said?

Comment

X is without a doubt. One of the greatest fighters I've ever seen.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
            On nsb. Bhop. In the real world floyd
            Hopkins wouldn't have turned down the biggest payday in boxing history....and make up an excuse.

Mayweather is a cherry picker. X the opposite.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Originally posted by RwK View Post
              Hopkins wouldn't have turned down the biggest payday in boxing history....and make up an excuse.
              That's Pacquiao for ya

Comment

These forums are full of Floyd haters.. You could make a thread on "Floyd vs Khan, who will have the better career?" and Khan would win by a land slide.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2014 View Post
                  I think Bernard Hopkins had a greater career than Floyd Mayweather.

He fought the best, while Floyd avoided many of the better boxers in and around his division.

Floyd avoided Williams, Margarito, prime Mosley, Morales, prime De La Hoya, Casamayor, Tszyu, Forrest and of course Pacquiao.

I remember Hopkins once offered to fight a heavyweight Oleg Maskaev when Oleg had the WBC title.
                  Both fighters have done a great deal, but Hopkins has lost and Floyd hasn't. Hopkins also, for a period fought in a very negative way against good opposition by holding and playing up injuries. He was written off for a period. In terms of who has done more to change the sport of boxing and put it back on the map, I would say Floyd. Boxing fans might have widely different opinions, but past and active fighters unanimously say that Floyd is the better fighter. It's like the old debate comparing Ali and Holmes I suppose.
                  Last edited by megh50; 11-10-2014, 12:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lords View Post
                    These forums are full of Floyd haters.. You could make a thread on "Floyd vs Khan, who will have the better career?" and Khan would win by a land slide.
                    Brandon Rios won "Who would win Brandon Rios vs Floyd Mayweather?"

Comment

unfortunately Floyd. No losses yet, champion in more weight classes, has been the p4p best for years now along with fighting in one of the most competitive weight classes.

Comment

Working...
                      X