No announcement yet.

Froch vs GGG, who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by casual hero View Post
    GGG has looked fantastic in his career so far.........but Froch would have done exactly yhe same to everyone he has fought.
    This is it.

I compare it to Arthur Abraham coming up, I know, i know people are going to say golvkin is more skilled and better than Abraham, but I still remember when Abraham came up and put JT in a coma, the hype around him was exactly the same as GGG's is now, Abe was getting called the terminator and michael myers and **** on here, he was unstoppable with the hardest punch in boxing

Then he fought some real 168lb'rs, and suddenly, his punches didn't have the desired effect, he was too small and got manhandled.

Until i see more from GGG i'm not picking him over a guy whos proven time and time again that he's world class at 168

Comment

Golovkin really isn't very big. His power would have me interested, but I think Froch beats him.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef99 View Post
        Really? He wasn't?

GGG is better in every area, the only thing that would play in Froch's favor would be his size.
        Who has he proven it against?

Froch has a great resume.

GGG's resume is piss poor.

Comment

Originally posted by shutupmeg View Post
          Who has he proven it against?

Froch has a great resume.

GGG's resume is piss poor.
          And if he DID go up and froch DID beat him, this would be the "excuse" for that, "Golovkin was a hypejob, his best win was Matthew Macklin, a domestic level fighter coming off 2 losses"

Comment

Oh come on.........

Yeah GGG looked like a beast last night......and against a decent fighter in mak the knife.

But what do you think froch would have done to Macklin? Can you imagine the fight going any differently?

This fight is not out of the question......HBO are gonna have to start stumping up some serious cash for GGGs opponents as he will be avoided even more so.

If the money is right Froch will fight him....

The funny thing is ...... its Froch who would do what Macklin said 'he' would do.

Hit him back...take him into the trenches.

Its a fight i would love to see and would not be supprised of GGG won. But if you have to choose now.....then it has to be froch.

GGG has looked fantastic in his career so far.........but Froch would have done exactly yhe same to everyone he has fought.

Comment

I don't have a lot of faith in Froch. Yet, I don't see him losing to GGG. I think it's a matter of styles. Carl has just enough reach and movement to slay the beast, IMO. Would love to see this fight.

Comment

Froch brutalizes him.

GGG is a come forward fighter, a guy that takes shots to land his own shots, a guy that relies on his strength to bully guys. He WILL respect Froch's power as soon as he tastes it, and this will cause GGG's style to completely change. After seeing the Ouma fight it looks like GGG is also liable to wrecklessly get into a brawl with his opponent if they want to trade which is a mistake against Froch who'd be more than happy to do so.

When they fight on the inside Froch will be the much stronger man and do what he wants, again this isn't something GGG's used to. Froch can also stay on the outside with his length and fantastic jab, GGG has a great jab and will have trouble landing on a guy like Froch, if they trade jabs Froch will have the advantage.

It's not guaranteed GGG's power will even move up either, Abraham, Pavlik, Miranda, and Green were all muderous punchers at 160, as soon as they moved up it was gone. I still remember people saying Miranda hit like a cruiser.

Comment

It's an exciting fight but Froch is so much bigger than GGG,the best way to beat Froch is to box and move whereas Golovkin would just engage him,he could rock him,but if he doesn't stop him he would get knocked out imo

Comment

Froch would beat him, and i'll say by decision right now.

I like GGG, the kid is a beast, but at 168 against a proven Froch...... i don't think so.

Comment

GGG says he wants any champion close to his weight, and has trouble getting big fights.

Well, Carl isn't hard to find and he'd fight an army on his own if people wanted to see it....all GGG needs to do is call The Cobra's name and we can find out how this fight would play out.

Froch W.

Comment

Working...
                      X