Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Price Gutted: I Never Saw Thompson's Punch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This generation of heavies is the worst. I feel sorry for Vitali. His era may be the weakest in history. **** Wlad's knocked out ass.

Comment

Still stunned about this one....but BRUTAL right hand? Seriously?

Looked like a cuff behind the ear....This wasnt Cooney getting clocked on the temple by Holmes...this wasnt Khan getting smacked with a flush shot on the chin...this was the sort of cuffing love tap that I actually missed seeing connect.

Im from England...there will be many good and probably great fighters coming from here in the coming years...but this was disturbing to watch in regards to Prices punch resistance..And please no sarcastic comments about me not getting hit with the shot. Im not 6'8 and a professional boxer with an Olympic medal behind me....and Ill bet Price is a lot better off financially already than I am, so cry me a river...OK im done, maybe Chisora and Haye werent so bad after all

Comment

It looked like the same shot to the side of the dome that Danny Green landed on Roy Jones Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by kokingbill View Post
          Man Thompson was shamefully out of shape... Price could have waited a couple more rounds and then went after him when he was gassed in the 4th maybe. I feel bad for price, I think Thompsin thought he was just there for the paycheck too. He's as surprised as anyone hahah.
          Thompson definitely showed up for the payday. The win was a bonus.

Comment

He was too open, I actually thought he was too eager and could have got KO in the first round too. He should learn from this and try and come back better from this because this is just part of his learning.

Comment

my oh my... that was almost embarrassing. Anyone think that stoppage was early?
              And people said Wlad has no chin... haha...

Comment

Wlad-Thompson III ??
                hahahaha.........

Comment

This was pretty shocking, sadly a number of people have been warning of just this kind of thing for ages (not me though I must say, I was clueless).

I really hope Price can come back from this, but I'm sorry, that simply wasn't a heavy punch, wherever it landed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                    He was too open, I actually thought he was too eager and could have got KO in the first round too. He should learn from this and try and come back better from this because this is just part of his learning.
                    I'd heard Price got KOd before i watched it, but didnt know what round so i was looking for him getting sparked the entire fight, and i was amazed at just how open he was leaving himself throughout the (brief) fight. He'd have his chin just sitting there after throwing a few punches leaving his hands down and then move out of range. Shocking all round performance from Pricey, that ended in the rumours about his dodgy chin being proved correct

Comment

Originally posted by fladz View Post
                      This was pretty shocking, sadly a number of people have been warning of just this kind of thing for ages (not me though I must say, I was clueless).

I really hope Price can come back from this, but I'm sorry, that simply wasn't a heavy punch, wherever it landed.
                      from one angle it looked like it took a lsight deflection of his shoulder before it connected too, although from another it looked clean. But it wasnt a big punch at all. You'd expect a good HW to laugh that of

Comment

Working...
                      X