Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kirkland vs Molina; for What?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Molina has looked as good if not better than anyone at 154 in his last few fights, all against solid names. You are underestimating him. He deserves this fight and it should be a good fight

Comment

To dismiss Lara as "just a prospect" is a really unfair comment. I'm not sold on Lara but he did dominate Williams (ignore the dodgy cards) and was on a tear before Molina showed him up. All 3 (Kirkland, Lara and Molina) are contenders who, should be in every top 10 (despite how deep the division really is)

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        If you really think Molina is no better than Carlos Baldomir, than you need to watch more of him. I'll just leave it at that.

It's a great fight for both because they are both desperate for quality opponents. Whoever wins will drastically up their standing within the division.
        I think Baldomir had better wins during his run, than Molina does.

I never said Baldomir was technically the better fighter. But I think Baldo had better wins if not even.

If you don't agree with that statement, I can't confidentally say you were watching the sport back then and understood the build up behind Baldomir.

Baldomir got push from the mainstream media for having pretty good wins at the time. He got more of a push than Molina is getting now. So yes, I think it's perfectly fair to compare the two.

Comment

Originally posted by KmanaG View Post
          To dismiss Lara as "just a prospect" is a really unfair comment. I'm not sold on Lara but he did dominate Williams (ignore the dodgy cards) and was on a tear before Molina showed him up. All 3 (Kirkland, Lara and Molina) are contenders who, should be in every top 10 (despite how deep the division really is)
          Let's be honest. Lara is a prospect. He's like 16-0. I don't count the Williams loss because he obviously won that fight. But Paul was coming off a 2nd round KO; I don't think it's fair to say Lara is more than a prospect because he defeated Williams who is obviously not the same as he was a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
            Let's be honest. Lara is a prospect. He's like 16-0. I don't count the Williams loss because he obviously won that fight. But Paul was coming off a 2nd round KO; I don't think it's fair to say Lara is more than a prospect because he defeated Williams who is obviously not the same as he was a few years ago.
            And Rigondeaux (and Ioka) are what..8-0...would you look more at their numbers and call them prospects or would you look at their belt and call them champions? Ignore the number of fights and look at WHO they fight. Brewer, Danny Perez, Williams, Lee. Those sorts of wins get you a fringe rating, a contender status. He's a lot like Sillahk in that if you want to refer to him as a prospect you need to do it whilst accept that he's a mega advanced prospect who will learn little from fighting anyone outside of the top 10's. A prospect for me is someone who is still learning their trade and honing against journeymen not someone who is on the verge of title fights.

Comment

Why is this fight happening? Because Golden Boy is keeping Kirkland far away from Canelo, that's why.

Golden Boy promotes all three of these guys. Kirkland was supposed to be set up to fight Canelo after he KO'd Angulo. That's too risky, so they'll have him fight another dangerous fighter of theirs while Canelo can fight Cory Spinks or some other aging named opponent he can add to his resume.

Comment

Attention WBC!

Please cancel the Kirkland vs Molina fight and make Kirkland a "mandatory" for Canelo like originally planned

Jose, if you create a boxingscene account, I will give you green k every chance I get for doing so. All 8 points of it.

Thanks in advance.
                Last edited by BoxingGenius27; 12-15-2011, 02:35 PM.

Comment

if it was pacquaio fighting molina *******s would swear it a great fight.............

Comment

molina is a good fighter, not atg material or p4p material but could very well become champuionship material. hes young, hungry anbd is very well rounded.

thats why alot of ppl sleep on him, he doesnt have any great assets but he also doesnt have any major weaknesses and he knows how to adapt and when he needs to adapt. that makes him a hard fight for anyone and i think he would give most if not all 154lbers a good hard fight. you need to watch him 2-3 times to see how good he really is.

either way kirkland isnt they type of fighter who only wants to get in the ring when he has alot ot gain. he wants the big fights but if he cant get them he will stay busy and take the best fight out there and not just wait around.

thats what molina is, its not a great fight but its a good fight between two hot contenders. kirkland is clearly the favourite but you cant count molina out for a second. james is the oposite of molina, his heart and power is overwhelming and he can win you over with a single fight. but when you look closer there are quite a few flaws in him, maybe molina can capitalize on those flaws the same way he did against lara.

Comment

Working...
                    X