Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if everybody in america just said **** you and didnt vote?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if everybody in america just said **** you and didnt vote?

Anybody think this might work? It's my first time I'm legal to vote but no matter who we vote for its like them asking us do you want lube or not because either way were getting ****ed. Literally don't matter who's president its all about money for them and power to be right. Either way any partys idea will get shut down in senate or house. So what's the point? They can raise millions and billions for fundraisers but when it comes to making us money their a bunch of pmsing pussays.

.......in that case mainly Republicans would vote since they have a higher turn out rate anyway. So the few Republicans that did vote would elect the new President ?

Comment

Lames Sparkedland.

Comment

***** y u asking us?

Comment

We essentially in America have two powerful wealthy gangs who care only about promoting their gangs agenda and **** the ppl, you know who is supposed to be represented by these gangs who came to be. So yeah it doesn't matter what you do, but it doesn't matter anyway, I can't think of one election or government policy that went through which directly effected my day to day life.
          Last edited by Spray_resistant; 10-18-2011, 01:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by King Kong View Post
            Lames Sparkedland.
            Cute nickname did your boyfriend help you come up with that?

And maniac your right republicans are rich so they don't give a **** which is a huge problem. Either way were ****ed I almost gurantee these occupy protests are gonna turn into riots. Some **** like in egpt and Libya bout to go down!

Comment

we're pretty much forced to vote, or else Sarah Palin or some other republican corporate puppet will get elected.

Comment

It doesn't matter who the people vote for since the electoral college's votes are the ones that choose who will be the next president. In the USA the citizen can vote for who will represent them in the electoral college while the representatives are the true voters for the next president...it has happened four times now where the public vote won for one candidate but the electoral vote won for the other. The first was Andrew Jackson in 1824, Samuel Tilden in 1876, Benjamin Harrison in 1888, and recently, Al Gore losing to George Bush in 2000.

So if you don't want to vote then don't vote...the next president is already chosen...

Comment

Originally posted by spyvsspy View Post
                  It doesn't matter who the people vote for since the electoral college's votes are the ones that choose who will be the next president. In the USA the citizen can vote for who will represent them in the electoral college while the representatives are the true voters for the next president...it has happened four times now where the public vote won for one candidate but the electoral vote won for the other. The first was Andrew Jackson in 1824, Samuel Tilden in 1876, Benjamin Harrison in 1888, and recently, Al Gore losing to George Bush in 2000.

So if you don't want to vote then don't vote...the next president is already chosen...
                  i really wish i knew what all that meant. the difference between the voters and the electoral college.

Was Gore robbed or not?

Comment

Originally posted by tim horton View Post
                    i really wish i knew what all that meant. the difference between the voters and the electoral college.

Was Gore robbed or not?
                    The electoral college takes into account population of a state. So if you get the most votes in Texas, you get a lot of votes in the electoral college, because the population of Texas means they represent a larger sample size of what the people want than say, Rhode Island. Pretty much the same way certain states get more Congressman because of their population.

I understand the basic reasoning, but it should not mean more than the popular vote. So yeah, Gore was screwed, not only because of the shady sh** in Florida but because he won the popular vote, but had less votes in the electoral college because Bush won enough big states to render the popular vote irrelevant.

Comment

Working...
                    X