Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Long Video Interview] Mayweather talks about Sparring w/ Frankie Randall & Whitaker

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
    Yeah I seen that. I wanted someone to ask him about his sparring with Whitaker.
    Originally posted by Calilloyd View Post
    Me too. Damn lol.............
    Co-sign.

Comment

Originally posted by The Comedian View Post
      I almost turned it off when I heard seckbach voice
      I almost turned it off when I heard Rafael.

Comment

Think about it, guys. A 17 year old, 125 lb Mayweather having his way with Frankie Randall (who was prolly 150) and had just beaten Julio Cesar Chavez.

Dude is amazing.

Comment

“ For this fight, we boxed 17 rounds [at a time], 15 rounds, 13 rounds. Sometimes we box 30 minutes straight. One sparring partner gets out, another one gets in. ”
          — Floyd Mayweather Jr. on preparing for Arturo Gatti

That¹s how I started him," said Roger, a former junior lightweight and junior welterweight world champion. "We all did that – me, him, his daddy, and my brother. Remember one thing, if you can fight five-minute rounds, what does that tell you a three-minute round can do? Your mind only gets conditioned to what you're used to. If he's conditioned to fight five-minute rounds with only 30 seconds rest, what's gonna happen the night of the fight when you only get three-minute rounds with a minute's rest?"
          You're gonna be one well-conditioned athlete, able to go 12 rounds with little difficulty. But how hard is it to go a five-minute round?

"Easy," said Roger.

Comment

Originally posted by And Still View Post
            “ For this fight, we boxed 17 rounds [at a time], 15 rounds, 13 rounds. Sometimes we box 30 minutes straight. One sparring partner gets out, another one gets in. ”
            — Floyd Mayweather Jr. on preparing for Arturo Gatti

That¹s how I started him," said Roger, a former junior lightweight and junior welterweight world champion. "We all did that – me, him, his daddy, and my brother. Remember one thing, if you can fight five-minute rounds, what does that tell you a three-minute round can do? Your mind only gets conditioned to what you're used to. If he's conditioned to fight five-minute rounds with only 30 seconds rest, what's gonna happen the night of the fight when you only get three-minute rounds with a minute's rest?"
            You're gonna be one well-conditioned athlete, able to go 12 rounds with little difficulty. But how hard is it to go a five-minute round?

"Easy," said Roger.
            The Mayweathers boxing IQ are off the chart..

Comment

Good interview. He gave a great insight into what made him so good. Seeing what the bes was like at such a young age really helped. You could tell the dude asking dumbass questions was Sekbach.

Comment

great interview man, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by El Jesus View Post
                  hearing him talk about his amatuer days is my favorite, but one thing that annoys me is that hes right, people give him no credit for being an olympian, making the team and medaling. Only in the united states do you see next to 0 appreciation for that kind of thing. guys like kahn and hatton, two people who have lost still have feverish backing, even kahn who is a dickhead still can fill it up in bolton. Its dissapointing how americans sort of...cast aside proven atheletes. floyd wearing our flag in the face of international competition still means something to me, as it did with vargas, tarver and the rest of the guys that were there. in the end i hated vargas, but i would never take away him making the team.

i just wish americans would back their own like they back someone from another country whom they identify with just because their great grandmother is from mexico.
                  Great post brother.

Comment

Originally posted by Word2ThaFive View Post
                    Great post brother.
                    Hey. That's BLUE I see on your signature. Smh...

Comment

That interview needs to be sticky! Amazing stories told by Floyd about his amateurs . He spoke the truth about America not backing their own. He spoke the truth right there. He spoke right to those in NSB who hate him. He said its all for show that's all it is. I am more a fan after watching this interview.

Comment

Working...
                      X