Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mexico, 22 vs Puerto Rico, 41 - Lets name the Fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some of you guys are seriously tripping when tallying wins and losses in this rivalry !!! I mean your blood lines are your bloodlines period ! We might as well toss out Mexico vs Puerto Rico on Dec 3rd as well ! Lets see lets go with California Vs Puerto Rico !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by FJRod View Post
      It's called pride and it runs boxing. MMA is a fad that will die out...Most my white friends don't even care about it as much anymore and the ones that watch is always at a bar. Same thing we would have done MMA fight or not. Boxing will never die because of what u called stupid.
      But why support a fighter just because he's from your country? Boxing was already one of the most popular sports in the world before that nationalistic pride bullshit, it doesn't need it. Fighting doesn't have any language or passport.

Comment

• Originally posted by willybullet View Post
        Why would you count Margs as Mexican and not Vargas? They're both U.S. born.

edit: And if you're "El Chicano", you're also American; so why do you care?
        Good questions. The answer, I am certain, is bias induced logic/visual impairment.

Comment

Why would you count Margs as Mexican and not Vargas? They're both U.S. born.

edit: And if you're "El Chicano", you're also American; so why do you care?
          Margarito has duel citizenship, and he was raised in Mexico not the U.S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtli. View Post
            Margarito has duel citizenship, and he was raised in Mexico not the U.S.
            So it's a paperwork thing?

Margs may have been raised in Mexico but does some of his training in the U.S., so he's not strictly a "Mexican-bred" boxer. Does that have anything to do with it?

Some of you American-born "Mexican nationalists", please explain the logic here

Comment

• Originally posted by BERNIE'S CORNER View Post
              Some of you guys are seriously tripping when tallying wins and losses in this rivalry !!! I mean your blood lines are your bloodlines period ! We might as well toss out Mexico vs Puerto Rico on Dec 3rd as well ! Lets see lets go with California Vs Puerto Rico !!!
              I agree; I like the Mex/P.R., rivalry but all in good fun. Some people (on both sides) take it too far.

Comment

• Viva mexico! Dnv

Comment

So it's a paperwork thing?

Margs may have been raised in Mexico but does some of his training in the U.S., so he's not strictly a "Mexican-bred" boxer. Does that have anything to do with it?

Some of you American-born "Mexican nationalists", please explain the logic here
                  I guess that's how the thread starter is doing it, thats why hes included de la hoya because he has duel citizenship (personally I wouldn't include him). But anyways what does Margarito training in the U.S. have to do with him not being strictly "mexican bred"? he was born here but raised in Mexico his whole life. He doesn't even speak english. Despite him not being born there, he is culturally more mexican then people like De La Hoya and Vargas who were born and raised in America. That's why they are not entirely excepted by Mexicans in Mexico.

Comment

I agree; I like the Mex/P.R., rivalry but all in good fun. Some people (on both sides) take it too far.

Its a great rivalry for sure and yes some do take it to far with mindless insults ! I choose to enjoy it without the mud slinging. Great fighters come and go on each side. Why the pissing contest ? Just sit back root and enjoy !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtli. View Post
                      I guess that's how the thread starter is doing it, thats why hes included de la hoya because he has duel citizenship (personally I wouldn't include him). But anyways what does Margarito training in the U.S. have to do with him not being strictly "mexican bred"?
                      I said "Mexican-bred" boxer. I was wondering if some of you count the guy as a Mexican boxer if he gets all his training in Mexico, regardless of where he's born.

he was born here but raised in Mexico his whole life. He doesn't even speak english. Despite him not being born there, he is culturally more mexican then people like De La Hoya and Vargas who were born and raised in America. That's why they are not entirely excepted by Mexicans in Mexico.
                      But this part of your response answers my question. Some people are considered more culturally Mexican than others. But I wouldn't want to get into this cause I don't see what that has to do with boxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X