No announcement yet.

Can Hatton Avoid The Shot or Shots?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Hatton Avoid The Shot or Shots?

I love him with Senior and if he was fighting nearly anyone else then I would be rooting for him. Im rooting for Pac in this one because I think its better for boxing and makes the Floyd fight that much bigger.

Still, I keep picturing the Hatton-Collazo fight and the Hatton Magee(spelling) fight. I have always takened up for Hatton for the Collazo fight because I beleived that Collazo was a much better fighter than people gave him credit for. Still, Collazo ate him up with that Southpaw style. Then I remember Hatton running at Magee all wild and getting caught.

I made a thread on here like 10 days ago talking about how Roach said that there going to use a strategy similar to the Oscar fight which is to keep turning Hatton. I cant help but see Pac playing the counter puncher role in this fight. I dont think he will even try to come forward unless he hurts Hatton. I think Roach & Moore have watched the Collazo & Magee fight and are going to let Hatton come to them, catch him with the straight left combos, and then spin out. Almost like in a Sweet Pea type way. Obviously Pac isnt Sweet Pea but Pea doesnt have Pac's power either so I think it even's out. I think Hatton could be frustrated and will be trying to force his way in but it will be hard to get to Pac without being caught and then Pac is always going to spin out before Hatton can return.

That makes the obvious question. How much will Senior help Hatton in that regard? Before Senior, Hatton wouldve got killed. I think it wouldve played out exactly that way and Pac wouldve abused him. He wouldve hurt him bad when he runs in there chin 1st and trying to jump in. Pac wouldve caught him with so much speed and power from that straight left. I could still see that happening and Hatton coming back to the corner looking so defeated and having Senior having to pick him up. On the other hand he may have really learned how to be a better boxer and attacker from Senior and none of that stuff will work like Roach thinks its going to. I really think Roach feels that it will play out the same way that I said. That Hatton will be running in and Pac will counter him with blistering combos and spining out. If Hatton doesnt run in all wild and paces himself then he will throw Pac's game plan all off. If Ricky just fights smart then he can win. He shouldnt try to attack much because thats what Pac will want. He should fight measured and cautious. It will throw Pac & Roach off. If he rushes in and tries to bully Pac then he's going to get KO and it will be brutal

Yeah i to think the straight left will give Hatton problems but i think eventually the pressure on Pacs body will be to much and Hatton will brake him down, or thats what iam hoping anyway. I disagree with you about hatton taking it easy, he should pressure pac and force him to the ropes otherwise he will be outboxed and outspeeded.

Comment

Ricky will get hit, Manny will get hit.

Manny's shots will sting, Ricky's shots will kill.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivansmamma View Post
        Yeah i to think the straight left will give Hatton problems but i think eventually the pressure on Pacs body will be to much and Hatton will brake him down, or thats what iam hoping anyway. I disagree with you about hatton taking it easy, he should pressure pac and force him to the ropes otherwise he will be outboxed and outspeeded.
        I think most will agree with you about Hatton pressuring but I just dont think that will work the same as it does on all of Hatton's other opponents. I think it will play into Pac's hands. If Pac fights his normal fight then Hatton can pressure and it will work but if Pac decides to be a counter puncher and more of a boxer then I think the pressure wont work and I think thats what Pac will be

Comment

I noticed on 24/7 Hatton & Sr. were talking about that little spin pac does, so I'm sure they are anticipating him doing it. What their plan is to deal with it I'm unsure.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
            I noticed on 24/7 Hatton & Sr. were talking about that little spin pac does, so I'm sure they are anticipating him doing it. What their plan is to deal with it I'm unsure.
            Pacquaio throws his shots then comes out on the right side and throws a right. The only problem is Hatton, and Mayweather, have that move figured out. I'm guessing he won't try it too much considering Floyd pointed it out on 24/7.

Comment

Originally posted by jching View Post
              Ricky will get hit, Manny will get hit.

Manny's shots will sting, Ricky's shots will kill.
              scary..........

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                Really? Man, I never even saw that. Was it on part 3? If so then thats good for them. I actually think both Roach & Senior are being idiots. They love the spotlight and love to talk so much that they keep giving away there secerets

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
                  I love him with Senior and if he was fighting nearly anyone else then I would be rooting for him. Im rooting for Pac in this one because I think its better for boxing and makes the Floyd fight that much bigger.

Still, I keep picturing the Hatton-Collazo fight and the Hatton Magee(spelling) fight. I have always takened up for Hatton for the Collazo fight because I beleived that Collazo was a much better fighter than people gave him credit for. Still, Collazo ate him up with that Southpaw style. Then I remember Hatton running at Magee all wild and getting caught.

I made a thread on here like 10 days ago talking about how Roach said that there going to use a strategy similar to the Oscar fight which is to keep turning Hatton. I cant help but see Pac playing the counter puncher role in this fight. I dont think he will even try to come forward unless he hurts Hatton. I think Roach & Moore have watched the Collazo & Magee fight and are going to let Hatton come to them, catch him with the straight left combos, and then spin out. Almost like in a Sweet Pea type way. Obviously Pac isnt Sweet Pea but Pea doesnt have Pac's power either so I think it even's out. I think Hatton could be frustrated and will be trying to force his way in but it will be hard to get to Pac without being caught and then Pac is always going to spin out before Hatton can return.

That makes the obvious question. How much will Senior help Hatton in that regard? Before Senior, Hatton wouldve got killed. I think it wouldve played out exactly that way and Pac wouldve abused him. He wouldve hurt him bad when he runs in there chin 1st and trying to jump in. Pac wouldve caught him with so much speed and power from that straight left. I could still see that happening and Hatton coming back to the corner looking so defeated and having Senior having to pick him up. On the other hand he may have really learned how to be a better boxer and attacker from Senior and none of that stuff will work like Roach thinks its going to. I really think Roach feels that it will play out the same way that I said. That Hatton will be running in and Pac will counter him with blistering combos and spining out. If Hatton doesnt run in all wild and paces himself then he will throw Pac's game plan all off. If Ricky just fights smart then he can win. He shouldnt try to attack much because thats what Pac will want. He should fight measured and cautious. It will throw Pac & Roach off. If he rushes in and tries to bully Pac then he's going to get KO and it will be brutal
                  Well explained... if Hatton keeps attacking Pacman then that will be an easy way to get him KO.

You're right Hatton should fight smart and have a good plan in every move he do...

Good Luck to both of them...

Comment

did the fight play out in like this or close to it in any way?

Comment

Working...
                    X