Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Myth Buster Series Pt 1: Miguel Cotto one of The GREAT fighters Floyd avoided?!?!?!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
    I didn't real all that crap in the OP...But, what's the myth here? That Floyd avoided Cotto or that Cotto is/was a great fighter?
    Myth= Mayweather avoided Cotto (which is the other way around)

Myth= Cotto is/was a GREAT fighter (he's just a good fighter, only won vacant titles vs chumps until he fought the hard hitting elite Yuri Foreman)

Comment

Cotto is a good fighter in my opinion. I do wish we would have still seen the fight.

I not even mind seeing it if he gets pass marg. I think they styles a perfect for a great fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Cash Cow View Post
        Myth= Mayweather avoided Cotto (which is the other way around)

Myth= Cotto is/was a GREAT fighter (he's just a good fighter, only won vacant titles vs chumps until he fought the hard hitting elite Yuri Foreman)
        When the fight was the best time to be made...Neither guy showed they were eager to face the other...Neither guy tried to make the fight happen.

Cotto is not great, not even a HOF'er in my book. Just a good fighter of his era.

I will say this just because a guy couldn't beat the other guy...Does not mean he wasn't ducked...Not Floyd ducked him. Because, I don't think he did either...Like I said neither guy was eager to fighting each other when the best time to make that fight happened. So is no duck either way you look at it.

But, if your argument is that Cotto was not on Floyd level or there was no way Cotto would win and therefor it was not a duck...Then that's just a lame ass argument.

Comment

When the fight was the best time to be made...Neither guy showed they were eager to face the other...Neither guy tried to make the fight happen.

Cotto is not great, not even a HOF'er in my book. Just a good fighter of his era.

I will say this just because a guy couldn't beat the other guy...Does not mean he wasn't ducked...Not Floyd ducked him. Because, I don't think he did either...Like I said neither guy was eager to fighting each other when the best time to make that fight happened. So is no duck either way you look at it.

But, if your argument is that Cotto was not on Floyd level or there was no way Cotto would win and therefor it was not a duck...Then that's just a lame ass argument.
          **** if rocky is in the Hf why not cotto. Lol

Seriously tho who would he have to beat to be good enough to get in(no ****).

Comment

Man EVERY Fighter beats Cotto up....why wouldnt the most accurate boxer do so?....Also the history books will show that Cotto was NEVER a legit threat. All you have to do is look at Cottos opposition since 2007 and how he fared vs them. Cotto has never beat an ELITE champion who held a belt. He has no defense and retreats when the going gets tough. Slow hand speed and same combinations over and over. Look at what Clottey did to him. Landed right hands at will and uppercuts....Mayweather would shred Cotto......

WHO HAS COTTO BEAT??

you could jerk off to "floyd woulda coulda beat cotto" all day but all i know and what the real world does know also is cotto only lost to strong relentless pressure fighters. and mayweather aint any of those

Comment

Originally posted by Ko King 212 View Post
              **** if rocky is in the Hf why not cotto. Lol

Seriously tho who would he have to beat to be good enough to get in(no ****).
              Well sly/Rocky is not in the category of fighters in the HOF...He's in a totally different category.

Have him lineal/undisputed at 154 or beat Martinez...Then I will change my tune...

As of right now guys like Curry or Booker and his own countryman Vazquez deserve to be in more so than him.

Comment

Originally posted by Twako View Post
                you could jerk off to "floyd woulda coulda beat cotto" all day but all i know and what the real world does know also is cotto only lost to strong relentless pressure fighters. and mayweather aint any of those
                So you're saying that Cotto would have beaten Mayweather?

Comment

Cotto was a good fighter. Never interested me though.

If he would have beaten Margarito, he would have gotten a big fight against De La Hoya in 2008 at 147 and possibly beat weight drained DLH. THEN Mayweather-Cotto would have been a big fight to make.

Realistically, Cotto was just a good fighter and couldn't even make it past Margarito. Therefore he prevented from a Mayweather-Cotto fight to POSSIBLY happen in 2009. If he would have beaten Margarito and De La Hoya back to back? Are you kidding me, Cotto would have probably been Top Rank's cash cow if he did that and then Mayweather-Cotto talks would have been serious.

Comment

Man EVERY Fighter beats Cotto up....why wouldnt the most accurate boxer do so?....Also the history books will show that Cotto was NEVER a legit threat. All you have to do is look at Cottos opposition since 2007 and how he fared vs them. Cotto has never beat an ELITE champion who held a belt. He has no defense and retreats when the going gets tough. Slow hand speed and same combinations over and over. Look at what Clottey did to him. Landed right hands at will and uppercuts....Mayweather would shred Cotto......

WHO HAS COTTO BEAT??
                    To each his own. I see Cotto putting up a much better fight than Hatton, Marquez, and Mosley. Win or lose, I see it being a competitive fight as I believe Cotto's weakness lies against pressure fighters more than spot fighters. But again, it's all speculation being they never fought and quite possibly never will (nor will it matter now).

Comment

So you're saying that Cotto would have beaten Mayweather?
                      i think floyd would still win it, but i'd give miguel a very good chance. cotto has good timing, counterpunching and sets up well, but loses it against continued pressure, which isn't mayweather.

Comment

Working...
                      X