Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Cotto beats GGG, how would you rank him with the Great PR boxers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh...as for heart...Cotto is there with the rest of the best. hes a true warrior. No argument there.

Comment

Originally posted by TOBYLEE1 View Post
      Indeed because logic would tell you that he is going to get flattened by Triple G
      That same logic told me the same thing against Martinez. Imagine my surprise sitting there at MSG during round 1. If cotto can avoid taking excessive hits from GGG he can bet him. GGG isn't the most skilled or experience boxer just one of the strongest. We all saw May vs Canelo. Strength doesn't mean much. If cottos fights ala Margarito 2 he will get right past GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by jorgepichardojr View Post
        That same logic told me the same thing against Martinez. Imagine my surprise sitting there at MSG during round 1. If cotto can avoid taking excessive hits from GGG he can bet him. GGG isn't the most skilled or experience boxer just one of the strongest. We all saw May vs Canelo. Strength doesn't mean much. If cottos fights ala Margarito 2 he will get right past GGG.
        GGG is a 1 punch KO artist. Martinez was completely shot, it has ZERO relevance in terms of a GGG-Cotto fight.

Cotto would get killed by Golovkin i dont even want to see it happen tbh.

Comment

So cotto should not fight anyone with 1 punch KO power? Should no one fight GGG because of the 1 punch KO power? I say no to both.

That said id be very nervous to cotto v GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by jorgepichardojr View Post
            what are talking about "GGG isn't the most skilled or experience boxer just one of the strongest." its obvious you don't watch much boxing. GGG had over 400 fights as an amateur, and it shows on fight night. it takes skill to do what he does. you see how he cuts the ring off, corralling opponents on the ropes to lay leather? yes his defense is not truly elite, but that's only weakness in his game..that he can be hit...but he has a good chin so theres that.

Comment

Hate to say it, but it would mean he's the greatest puerto rican boxer of all time.

Comment

It doesnt move him much higher, GGG albeit dangerous he has beaten nobodies and has not proven being elite yet. Cotto already veat the living **** out of the lineal MW champ.

GGG doesnt do much for Cotto really.

Comment

If he managed to beat GGG, with the rep GGG has and how he is beating dudes up, Cotto can be considered the greatest out of PR, at the point he is in his career, after getting torn up by Pac and cheato, to come back and beat a threat like GGG and unify 160, definitely best out of pr

Comment

Originally posted by ChampBox@PR View Post
                    It doesnt move him much higher, GGG albeit dangerous he has beaten nobodies and has not proven being elite yet. Cotto already veat the living **** out of the lineal MW champ.

GGG doesnt do much for Cotto really.
                    Chill son...GGG is the biggest problem in boxing right now. He's got hulk like strength, extensive experience, 11 defenses and is at his peak/prime. The only more relevant win in boxing at the moment is beating Floyd.

Who on the platter is a more relevant win for Cotto? Canelo? The guy who was embarrassed 12-0 by Floyd? Pac? Perhaps, but he's all but washed up and out of his preferred weight. Cotto doesn't need to fight GGG for HoF credentials, it's set in stone, but if goes in and fights GGG, let alone win? It'll be by far the most legit win of any of the best fighters of this generation

Comment

Originally posted by KevinHenry007 View Post
                      If Cotto beats GGG at 160, how would you rank him against the following great PR boxers of the past:

Wilfredo Benitez
                      Carlos Ortiz
                      Wilfredo Gomez
                      Tito Trinidad

Please rank order.

EDIT: The general concensus is:

1. Wilfredo Gomez
                      2. Carlos Ortiz
                      3. Wilfred Benitez
                      4. Tito Trinidad
                      5. Miguel Cotto

If Cotto beats GGG, where does this put him on this list?
                      At 160, that's not going to happen.

Comment

Working...
                      X