No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Martinez's Adviser: Chavez Jr. is Now His Own Legend

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boxingfan76 View Post
    thats a gross exaggeration martinez didnt win no 11 1/2 rounds either,chavez did get in many solid shots in that fight, its true martinez dominated, but to say chavez was just dominated like people are saying isnt true martinez ate plenty of solid shots and chavez was far more accurate,yes chavez was badly out connected and out thrown ,but it was martinez whom had a cut eye damn near got knocked out and suffered broken bones and shiat,to me thats pretty embarrassing especially if chavez were truly a bum,what would that even make martinez to be one punch away from being brutally koed???and no martinez didnt fight like a champion in the last round he barley made it out alive by just sheer luck he didnt have his legs and was badly badly hurt,it was embarrassing and humbling for martinez in a victory

Comment

The immediate moments after the fight, I had gained a shred of respect for Chavez Jr. I mean hell, I STILL can't believe the fight even happened in the first place. I even felt sorry for him for being so thoroughly outclassed.

However, Chavez's complete lack of respect for Martinez in his post-fight interviews lost him that shred. Through and through he has acted like the spoiled piece of hooker **** that he is.

Comment

I understand that he wants to put in a good word for Jr. but lets not get carried away. Just say Jr. put up a hell of a fight and gave a good account of himself and lets leave it at that.

Comment

Its sad knowing Martinez and his team are literally forcing those words to come out, knowing deep down inside that:

1. It is not true. Chavez is still the same fighter.......
          2. They are only saying it because Martinez got careless, and it almost cost him everything.
          3. Sergio is embarrassed knowing that it should not have happened.

Comment

Originally posted by demonlight View Post
            The immediate moments after the fight, I had gained a shred of respect for Chavez Jr. I mean hell, I STILL can't believe the fight even happened in the first place. I even felt sorry for him for being so thoroughly outclassed.

However, Chavez's complete lack of respect for Martinez in his post-fight interviews lost him that shred. Through and through he has acted like the spoiled piece of hooker **** that he is.
            THIS RIGHT HERE.

I felt the same exact way. Chavez landed a great shot in the 12th but Sergio got back up and battled with him til the final bell for a crystal clear UD victory. Sergio gave Jr. a lot of credit in the post fight interview, showing the good sportsman he has always been, and then Jr. doesn't give him an ounce of respect when it comes time for him to speak. In a rematch, Martinez will, if it happens, handily beat Jr. again. Jr. craves respect so much, yet he doesn't offer any to the man that just took his title and completely ****ed his face up. If I am Martinez, I don't give Jr. the rematch because of he would definitely not have given it to Martinez if roles were reversed. If I am Martinez, I go look for the fight with Floyd for all the marbles.

Comment

It's amazing what one round can do. Chavez is utterly dominated for 11 rounds, drops Martinez in the 12th, still loses, and now he's a legend?

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
                It's amazing what one round can do. Chavez is utterly dominated for 11 rounds, drops Martinez in the 12th, still loses, and now he's a legend?

LOL at the TMT sig.

Comment

Working...
                X