Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roy Jones: "Hopkins has ONLY beat small fighters"--DO YOU AGREE?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Calilloyd View Post
    The fight was at 170 and Pavlik is a huge middlweight. Bigger than Hopkins was. And Pavlik called out Hopkins and claimed he would knock him out as most [people thought. After Pavlik lost the "he was too small excuse" is played. Not to mention he's almost 20 years younger. To overlook Hopkins age is just ridiculous.
    hopkins is fighting at an advanced age because he stays fighting smaller men who aren't capable of handing him a beatdown...

if pavlik was as big as you make him out to be, he should have been able to fight hopkins without the catchweight agreement...above that, hopkins still looked bigger than him fight night...next you'll probably try to sell me on winky wright being as big as hopkins...

above that, pavlik never fought at lightheavy to my knowledge, so how would anyone know how he's gonna perform at that high of a weight class with a fighter of hopkins caliber...actually i give pavlik major props for stepping up two weight classes and fighting hopkins...something that we've been asking hopkins to do when he was mugging and mauling trinidad and oscar de la hoya, when he should have been fighting a still prime jones, or even the tarver that was fresh off the jones ko...

Comment

It's not like Lampley hasn't been wrong before. In fact he's been wrong plenty of times. But I'm asking if there was a weigh in after the official weigh in for Delahoya-Hopkins. I don't remember one but I could be wrong. Either way, it wouldn't change the fact that hopkins scaled down to 156. What he weighed after doesn't change that one bit.
      Who is that guy with Robinson, he looks familier?

Comment

• Originally posted by Easy Work Jr. View Post
        so wait...Hopkins beat Pavlik because of SKILL? But Mayweather beat Marquez because of Size and skill?

lol
        maybe it will help if I type more gayweather style:

what do you not understand? Marquez went from 135 to 147. Pavlik went from 166 to 170 (and hopkins went down 5 pounds to meet him there).

How is that even remotely the same bro?

Comment

They are NOT equally sized. Tarver is not only taller, but he fought at LH his entire career. And you don't consider Calzaghe a legitimate LH? Or are you implying that Hopkins was the bigger fighter? You would be wrong on both points.
          don't waste your time with that guy, I already exposed him for what he is. His entire internet history (google search his username) on various websites goes back about 6-7 years hating on hopkins lol. his obsessional is far beyond rational thinking.

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
            maybe it will help if I type more gayweather style:

what do you not understand? Marquez went from 135 to 147. Pavlik went from 166 to 170 (and hopkins went down 5 pounds to meet him there).

How is that even remotely the same bro?
            Pavlik fought Gary Lockett at 160 before he fought Hopkins, so it was 10 pounds not 6 lbs.

Comment

• Originally posted by .Buddha. View Post
              Pavlik fought Gary Lockett at 160 before he fought Hopkins, so it was 10 pounds not 6 lbs.
              oh gary locket (lmao). Point is he was at 166 6 months prior to hopkins. Further, Pavlik & his trainer said they were going to move up in weight, as pavlik was having a hard time making 160.

Weight wasn't an issue in this fight. Hopkins style (lateral movement, beating him to the punch, better footwork, handspeed, defense, etc.) was the difference. You would know this if you understand the technicalities of boxing.

Seriously, I can't believe people are even talking about this. Hopkins was 43 years old and absolutely dominated pavlik from round 1 to round 12. Size cannot do that, not the way hopkins schooled him.

Comment

They are NOT equally sized. Tarver is not only taller, but he fought at LH his entire career. And you don't consider Calzaghe a legitimate LH? Or are you implying that Hopkins was the bigger fighter? You would be wrong on both points.

get the f**k outta here...hopkins entered boxing @ lightheavy...i think hopkins is listed @ 6' 1" and tarver 6' 2"...wheres the big difference in height? above that, in the ring tarver did not look grossly bigger than nard....

Comment

don't waste your time with that guy, I already exposed him for what he is. His entire internet history (google search his username) on various websites goes back about 6-7 years hating on hopkins lol. his obsessional is far beyond rational thinking.
                  f**k you....only thing you exposed is how much of a hopkins ballicking excuse maker you are and how heavily you suck on dese nuts....only a ****** who doesn't have a life would google me...

Comment

oh gary locket (lmao). Point is he was at 166 6 months prior to hopkins. Further, Pavlik & his trainer said they were going to move up in weight, as pavlik was having a hard time making 160.

Weight wasn't an issue in this fight. Hopkins style (lateral movement, beating him to the punch, better footwork, handspeed, defense, etc.) was the difference. You would know this if you understand the technicalities of boxing.

Seriously, I can't believe people are even talking about this. Hopkins was 43 years old and absolutely dominated pavlik from round 1 to round 12. Size cannot do that, not the way hopkins schooled him.

lol...hopkins gets too much f**king credit...pavlik was slow as molasses @ lightheavy...he made hopkins look like ali, and we know he ain't nowhere near that level...lets see if he can do that against chad dawson

they moved pavlik back down to 160 immediately after that fight...they took a risk and lost...i give 'em respect...more than i can give nard
                    Last edited by djtmal; 03-08-2010, 04:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by djtmal View Post
                      lol...hopkins gets too much f**king credit...pavlik was slow as molasses @ lightheavy...he made hopkins look like ali, and we know he ain't nowhere near that level...lets see if he can do that against chad dawson

they moved pavlik back down to 160 immediately after that fight...
                      Style wise Pavlik was made for Hopkins it was Johnson Hopkins II at lhw. A slow limited puncher that has only a jab and a straight right hand against a great counter puncher. The fight shouldnt of happen though Hopkins needs to fight a non shot lhw or retire imo.

Comment

Working...
                      X