Exclusive interview: Bob arum speaks on 50 cent and tmt promotions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DefThatGuy View Post
    Bob Arum Hates Mayweather, not GBO

GBP and Top Rank have had their fighters fight each other before.

Mayweather has never fought an under contract top rank fighter.
    I don't think Arum hates Floyd, I know Floyd hates Arum because he feels Arum still owes him money, I know there was a lawsuit over it and never heard of it getting resolved~ Floyd was with top Rank and the only reason Arum dislikes Floyd is that Floyd got over on him and never got the big pay off from his big investment in Floyd.

Arum does hate Haymon because that was the guy who he feels was behind Floyd leaving.

Arum does hate GBP because he feels they were poaching guys and trying to take advantage of his hard work, and GBP hates Arum because Arum runs his mouth plus other shady stuff that Oscar didn't like when he was with Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by devildg View Post
      how is he pissed? As long as 50 decent doesnt steal his fighters (like Oscar) why would Bob care

Bob will stay on his side of the fence, 50 on his. separate but equal
      ^^^^^

bob has always said the fight would be a lot easier to make between another promoter - whether true or not, i dunno, this might be the moment we learn.

I'm not sure many promoters really care about 50 and TMT, as long as they're stand up guys with co promoting events, shouldn't really be a problem. Oscar's the one who flat out said he wants to monopolize boxing, and by the looks of it he ain't happy about everyone wanting to be a promoter.

Comment

If Floyd was ever going to make the Pac fight it would make sense to cut out GBP.

Comment

Originally posted by p4p-champ View Post
          Its always been about the money. Why would Arum let his prize possession fight Mayweather knowing that Floyd is better fighter? He has the Top Rank match-makers advising him who Manny will look good against. This in turn keeps Pacquiao's hype alive and the pactard's filling Arum's pockets . Now that the well is running dry....we may finally see Mayweather vs Pacquiao.
          Dude, Pacquiao is in his mid 30s - Arum's prize possession is definitely Chavez right now. Let me guess, he's cashing him out versus Martinez cause he only has time to protect one 30 odd year old, smh. Mayweather - Pacquiao negotiations have clearly fell a part cause NEITHER one of them is in ANY rush to fight the other. If they wanted to fight, one guy would've consented to everything and would have just fought. For 3 years these two divas have been bickering over testing, and then money. Sounds to me, they might be best friends behind the curtains, really protecting each others friendship, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingScenery View Post
            Dude, Pacquiao is in his mid 30s - Arum's prize possession is definitely Chavez right now. Let me guess, he's cashing him out versus Martinez cause he only has time to protect one 30 odd year old, smh. Mayweather - Pacquiao negotiations have clearly fell a part cause NEITHER one of them is in ANY rush to fight the other. If they wanted to fight, one guy would've consented to everything and would have just fought. For 3 years these two divas have been bickering over testing, and then money. Sounds to me, they might be best friends behind the curtains, really protecting each others friendship, lol.
            I wasn't referring to this point in time, I was referring to the past few years. Obviously, Pacquiao's hype has died down, heck, the Bradley fight supposedly made peanuts. Arum's Pacman well is running dry. Which is why he'd be more than willing to throw him into the ring with Floyd as oppose to the past. Arum would care less if he lost to Floyd now, he just wants to cash-in one last big money fight before Manny hangs up the gloves.

Comment

Originally posted by thiefery View Post
              I think TMT promotions venture is good for Mayweather and 50 cent. I just would like to see how they manage a young and upcoming fighter/prospect into a star champion. Top Rank has done this over and over. GBP is on the brink of doing the same with Canelo, Broner
              Yeah they took Billi dib from Golden Boy

Comment

Working...
              X