No announcement yet.

Let's be honest, boxing's boring without Carl froch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's be honest, boxing's boring without Carl froch

Despite being annoying, repetitive and arrogant. The super middleweight division is dull as dishwater without him. Froch imo is far superior to mayweather as he's more likable and more exciting.

But the super middleweight division cannot survive with degale being the face of it, he's not charismatic enough or good enough to carry the division.

Hopefully froch will come back as the super middle weight category is currently in tatters

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
    Despite being annoying, repetitive and arrogant. The super middleweight division is dull as dishwater without him. Froch imo is far superior to mayweather as he's more likable and more exciting.

But the super middleweight division cannot survive with degale being the face of it, he's not charismatic enough or good enough to carry the division.

Hopefully froch will come back as the super middle weight category is currently in tatters
    I use to not like Froch, because he was arrogant as hell, and thought his skills were world class. But not I respect him as a man with balls who is willing to fight like he is slick, even though that means he is going to block every punch with his face, and who has the grit to pull out tough wins at the end of hard fights.

His character definitely makes the division more interesting, and he is smart enough these days to fight within his skill level to make for good fights.

Comment

The sport will miss the Cobra when he's gone.

Comment

He fought three times in the past two years, twice against the same person. He was hardly providing a ton of excitement in the division. Now he is turning into a twitter warrior and making himself look like a joke. He is destroying his own reputation without ever stepping back in the ring.

Comment

Not really, no one cares about him and thats why he is using GGG's name to stay relevant and in the public eye.

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
            Not really, no one cares about him and thats why he is using GGG's name to stay relevant and in the public eye.
            I bet you'd eat Golovkins **** if he asked you to.

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
              In the States maybe, but if he announces a fight it's an automatic 40,000 people and PPV this side of the water.

Comment

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
                He fought three times in the past two years, twice against the same person. He was hardly providing a ton of excitement in the division. Now he is turning into a twitter warrior and making himself look like a joke. He is destroying his own reputation without ever stepping back in the ring.
                Well said!!!

Froch has done relatively nothing in the past 2 years. His best wins come by talentless Abraham, glass chinned Taylor, Old Kessler, hyped Bute, young Pascal, and a obviously over eager Groves. He is far from the greatest in the history division and has done more fighting on social media than in the ring.

In my view, he had a promising Career... But he has allowed inactivity to lose his spot at a decade great. Most likely will be forgotten outside of Nottingham within the next 5-10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                  In the States maybe, but if he announces a fight it's an automatic 40,000 people and PPV this side of the water.
                  In England I'm sure, outside of the island of England... I doubt anyone cares if it doesn't happen soon.

Comment

No, Only For You!

Comment

Working...
                    X