Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Pacquaio's Power and Finishing skills overrated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Pacquaio's Power and Finishing skills overrated?

Let me preface by saying I think Manny is the #2 P4P fighter and I have been a fan since the late 90's. Only fight I ever picked him to lose was DeLaHoya and I think he won both fights against Marquez.

Now people talk about if was Pacman that had hurt Floyd it would have been a wrap.

Manny knocked Marquez down three times in one round and couldn't stop him.
    He dropped him in the second fight and hurt him bad in the 10th round of that fight and couldn't stop him.

It's just a question because people act like it's an easy feat to knockout Floyd and if Manny is supposed to be the one doing it he sure couldn't do it to Marquez who was wait more hurt than Floyd was against Shane.

his power is overrated
    not his finishing skills
    Pac KO's guys with speed
    he's not the killer puncher dumbasses think he is

Comment

The difference is, Manny doesn't have one-punch KO power like Mosley does. Thus, he's not going to hurt Floyd that bad with one punch.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
        his power is overrated
        not his finishing skills
        Pac KO's guys with speed
        he's not the killer puncher dumbasses think he is
        Quite an indictment though if you can't finish a man that was down three times in round one, don't ya think?

Comment

Just watch Pacuqiao-Clottey, he couldn't get through that 1 dimensional defense of Clottey's, do you think he will get through the worlds best defensive fighter? He couldn't knockout Clottey.

Comment

Depends who you talk to, Manny is a great finisher.

But if you have Floyd hurt it's going to be very difficult to finish him off, Manny at WW is still a good finisher but his punches carry less weight. With the exception of Hatton, Manny has to break you down (even if he hurts you) before he can finish you off. I think in the instance of the Marquez fight you just had one fighter who refused to be KO'd. You know watching Marquez that he recovers from Knockdowns very quickly.

He still has his thought together when he's hurt, you can see that against Mayweather, Juan Diaz etc.

Comment

Marquez I was a long time ago, he's a much more skilled finisher now.

Comment

Originally posted by Travdog View Post
                Quite an indictment though if you can't finish a man that was down three times in round one, don't ya think?
                Pac of 04 is not Pac of today
                he was lazy in that fight
                he thought since he dropped him with big lefts, that's all he needed
                people make too much of that in criticizing Pac in present context

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
                  Depends who you talk to, Manny is a great finisher.

But if you have Floyd hurt it's going to be very difficult to finish him off, Manny at WW is still a good finisher but his punches carry less weight. With the exception of Hatton, Manny has to break you down (even if he hurts you) before he can finish you off. I think in the instance of the Marquez fight you just had one fighter who refused to be KO'd. You know watching Marquez that he recovers from Knockdowns very quickly.

He still has his thought together when he's hurt, you can see that against Mayweather, Juan Diaz etc.
                  Very true....Marquez is a bad @ss....But this what I'm saying Floyd still seems relaxed when hurt...I can't see Pacman knocking him out like that...Floyd aint David Diaz or Ricky Hatton (Two guys with great strength and desire but without the ability to move out of the way of a big punch)

Comment

Originally posted by deliveryman View Post
                    The difference is, Manny doesn't have one-punch KO power like Mosley does. Thus, he's not going to hurt Floyd that bad with one punch.
                    yet mosley never even hurt cotto and pac punished cotto.......even cotto says hes never been hit as hard as pac hit him.....

Comment

Working...
                    X