No announcement yet.

AJ is the heavyweight version of Jeff Lacy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joshua is decent no doubt.

But lets be honest for a second - all he has done is knock over bums for 15 fights and then have moments of concern against Whyte. That's it.

Sky Sports were commentating;

"Everyone will remember where they were and what they were doing when Anthony Joshua won his world HW title"

FFS!

Comment

Originally posted by alexguiness
      Joshua is decent no doubt.

But lets be honest for a second - all he has done is knock over bums for 15 fights and then have moments of concern against Whyte. That's it.

Sky Sports were commentating;

"Everyone will remember where they were and what they were doing when Anthony Joshua won his world HW title"

FFS!
      Almost as bad as the BBC who were comparing him to Muhammad Ali.

It just shows how desperately the mainstream media want a fighter who they can control. They're terrified of Fury because they can't predict or handle him.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Not sure why people are getting affected by this guy, He is a 16-0 novice who had a chance to win a paper belt, he himself has been trying to calm the expectations and hype as credit in that respect, he would and should still be fighting Martin type of level with or without the belt, he had little amateur background and only 16 fights right now.

We shall see him he does when he gets his level stepped up a bit but he isnt ready for someone like kilts, Fury or Haye IMO. Anything lower than that he has to go for it.

Comment

People are saying that all he has beaten is bums.

If you look at his record closer you will see he has had by far the toughest path of any modern heavy for a first 15 fights. Most fight guys with losing records for their first 5 or so. Joshua has only one.

If you look at the likes of the real greats they all took an easy path early on. If you look at the stats alone in isolation it is easy to see why the press are getting so excited.

Fewest rounds to world title, highest KO percentage to a world title, highest number opponents KOed for the first time prior to a world title, etc etc etc.

However the key thing is that Joshua knows that the guys he has fought have just been idea for his style and there is no way he rushes in and fights Fury next. He isn't ready yet.

Comment

Joshua looked pretty good to me. He's not slow like some of these posters are making him out to me. He has a good jab, a great right hand, and a quick left hook that he used to set up the right hand. In the two rounds that I saw, he showed to be levels above Martin. He is definitely in the HW mix and I really look forward to seeing him fight the other top heavies in the coming years. Count me as a Joshua fan.

Comment

Wilder fought 6-6 reggie Pena in his 16th fight, while Fury fought 20-8-1 Nicolia Firtha.

Joshua's last 3 opponents have gone 60-0-1.

Comment

For his first 16 fights, his level of competition is better than most other HW's you can name. A lot better.

Joshua is the real deal.

People complain about boring guys like Wlad then complain about the exact opposite in AJ. What do you want?

Comment

Working...
                X