Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Films You'd never heard of that turned out to be great!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks boring right? Wrong

The trailer doesn't do it justice, the movie is a whole different level. Sci-Fi Thriller

The premise: a group of friends have a get together dinner, on the night a certain comet would pass nearest to Earth. Then everything changes. This movie is a genius, it's almost unscripted so actors improvise their lines. They also knew little of the plot so the acting is genuine. 9/10

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      That was a WEIRD movie, but I loved it.

Outside of my Al Pacino and Robert De Niro collection, I have 22 movies in my PC library and Mr Nobody is one of those 22.
      That movie flew under the radar and I'm usually into indie and foreign flicks definitely should have gotten more exposure 9/10

Comment

Apocalypto
        The Raid
        The Last Witch Hunter
        Running Scared (Paul Walker)
        Changeling
        A Man Apart
        Tristan + Isolde
        Fracture

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Up View Post
          Apocalypto
          The Raid
          The Last Witch Hunter
          Running Scared (Paul Walker)
          Changeling
          A Man Apart
          Tristan + Isolde
          Fracture
          good one, best Paul Walker movie

Comment

A ton...my mom gets coupons for a bookstore that gets a ton of foreign movies, so i just go grab a bunch of them cheap ass DVD's or blurays(if lucky)......i'd rather have the disc and not waste storage capacity on my HDD's....It's cool when you go and pick something knowing nothing about it but hoping it'd be good and then get blown away. Some movies I found this way:

Turtles Can Fly
            Children of Heaven
            Departures
            Amour
            Vitus
            The Chorus
            Wadja
            Once
            Whispers of the Heart
            Last edited by -Hyperion-; 04-19-2016, 10:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
              Haha yup same one. It's funny you mention that because I thought Mickey Rourke was the guy on the cover not William Hurt when I checked it out at the library lol. And yo, that's a pretty raunchy movie to see as a kid, lots of sexy steamy scenes.
              You mean to tell me you weren't watching **** as a child already behind your parents back. You remember Robin Byrd?

Comment

Originally posted by MaD vEiN View Post
                Looks boring right? Wrong

The trailer doesn't do it justice, the movie is a whole different level. Sci-Fi Thriller

The premise: a group of friends have a get together dinner, on the night a certain comet would pass nearest to Earth. Then everything changes. This movie is a genius, it's almost unscripted so actors improvise their lines. They also knew little of the plot so the acting is genuine. 9/10

I was just about to post this exact movie but couldn't remember the name. Enjoyed it. It's free on Amazon Prime.

A movie similar to it is THE MAN FROM EARTH. The trailer isn't that great but the movie is excellent my opinion.

Last edited by El Gitano; 04-19-2016, 11:10 PM.

Comment

SHOTTAS wen it came out......thought it was a lame azz hood movie end up being a classic.......check my Sig

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    You mean to tell me you weren't watching **** as a child already behind your parents back. You remember Robin Byrd?
                    Lol @ Robin Byrd.

And of course I was, always trying to watch those nasty late night softcore movies on Cinemax and Shwotime lol. Real Sex on HBO was my joint too!

Comment

Originally posted by MaD vEiN View Post
                      good one, best Paul Walker movie
                      yeah wasn't expecting it.

Comment

Working...
                      X