Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto from Saturday Night would have whooped ANY Margarito!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Becuase he's not the same fighter he was 3 years ago and 2 beatdowns ago.
    How did the losses affect him? He fought the way he always fights. It ain't like his chin is cracked. He's not mentally weaker. He just had that bad eye, but even if his eye was healthy, what would he have done different?

Nothing...

Comment

I agree, that is the best I've seen Cotto since before the 08 beating. If he had employed that game plan in 08 he would have won convincingly.

Comment

What difference is noticed from margarito over the last 5 fights? Margarito is just as slow as ever. Same gameplan Same everything. Cotto made the adjustments that defeat margarito. Not because margarito is older. Cotto took worse beatings from him and pac then margarito did from mosley and pac. Granted paciquao broke his eye. He took heavy shots from mosley but mosley sparked him out in 8. Cotto took 11 12 rounds of nonstop punishment from plastered up margarito and pacs assualt.

Comment

No disrespect to Cotto but this version of Cotto doesn't beat a prime Marg. Marg looked slow and finished.

There was nothing better than to see a 147 prime Cotto vs a 147 prime Marg but this wasn't that at all.

Margarito is done, dude looked like he was punching underwater he was so slow.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
            I think the Cotto from 08 with Saturday's gameplan ko's 08 Margarito. But this Cotto against 08 Margarito probably loses.
            It's like Timecop in here.

Comment

I agree. Cotto made very basic tactical adjustments.

Even vs. a sharper version of Margarito, Cotto would not have absorbed anywhere near the same amount of punishment early in the fight if he moved like he did last night. It would have been a rough fight, but Cotto would have gotten a decision.

Comment

Am I missing something?

Are we trying to claim that Margarito is the same fighter he was in 2008?

Because Newsflash; He is obviously not.

Comment

Am I missing something?

lol, ppl are seriously trying to make this a bigger win than it is. cotto won, got hyis revenge. neither fighter looked better than their 08 counterparts. thats just false.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
                    No disrespect to Cotto but this version of Cotto doesn't beat a prime Marg. Marg looked slow and finished.

There was nothing better than to see a 147 prime Cotto vs a 147 prime Marg but this wasn't that at all.

Margarito is done, dude looked like he was punching underwater he was so slow.
                    Am I missing something?

What prime margarito? Without plaster their is no prime margarito he would have been an average pillow puncher like resto. Thats the reason it wasnt the same. Same fight happened but without plaster cotto schooled him.

Comment

Working...
                    X