Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"I was winning the fight" - Kell

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
      ... before speaking about the "psychological effect" it's about the long term medical effect we'd rather speak.
      Yea now It will swell and fast fighters like Spence will target it but he has good foot work and won't stand there at hit me like Margarito

Comment

Originally posted by Thurman View Post
        "I was winning the fight" - Kell
        2 rounds I gave you but Khan said the same I was winning

Comment

Mentally he is ok, physical I think he has some damage on him now. This is why I think his corner deserve a double pay last night. They have just add a bit to his already shorten career, last night his ego was hurt and his body was damaged.

Comment

I'm hoping the injury to his eye doesn't have any lasting effect.

Comment

Maybe a dent in his pride that he lost. People saying he should be proud of his effort but i'm sure seeing that L on a record hurts a mans pride, especially a guy who competes for a living.

In terms of it having an effect on future fights, we'll have to wait and see. He seems confident in his ability and probably feels 154 is good for him now, so time will tell.

I think he took more punishment last night than some realise. Yeah he was standing and people wanted to see a man flattened and yeah he landed some shots, but he took a lot of punishment if you watch it back.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                will there be a psychological effect?
                No, for the simple fact that his trainer didn't leave him in there to take any kind of sustained beating; he knew his fighter was hurt early, he gave him every advice possible to keep in the fight and work, and he pulled him basically the moment that it looked like the eye had just about gone and Brook was on the verge of the beating starting (if the ref had been paying attention, Brook would've likely have to have dealt with 10 fewer shot).

No idea what the timeline is for healing up an eye socket, but let that process go forward, hope that Brook keeps on top of just his general fitness, and test things out at 154

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                  will there be a psychological effect?
                  He should be okay, but there's always a chance. This fight was a bad idea to begin with. His physical damage to his eye will probably be worse then the mental damage, but who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                    Most definitely.

A lot of Khan comparisons have been made throughout the build up so I'm going to use one too: Khan got ktfo cold! But he did so after 3-4 very good rounds and he got credit all over the place. Everyone and their mother on twitter and so on came out saying how brave he was and that he did a good job. Even the most ardent bs racists on here had to admit the same.

With Brook, theres a few claiming he was brave etc but most are calling it a quit or a fix and this fight just didn't have the same mainstream appeal as Khan/Canelo.

Khan came out of that fight with a mando for Garcias belt and can still be in line for some big fights. Kell is going to do what? Especially when in his heart of hearts he knows he quit like a *****.
                    He's the IBF Champion at Welterweight so he could always move up and get a #1 contender ranking at 154lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by ComicDon View Post
                      He's the IBF Champion at Welterweight so he could always move up and get a #1 contender ranking at 154lbs.
                      I didnt know that was possible but I dont think any of his possible fight are as lucrative as the options Khan can have. Unless he's fighting Khan.

But my main point is that Brooks either been lambasted or treated with a "meh" attitude, whereas Khans fight with Canelo created a genuine, non boxing buzz and has helped raise his considerable profile even more. That leads to at least a couple more big paydays.

Brook isn't in that position...unless of course he fights Khan. I think he could beat Khan too but I'm not sure if hed like to squeeze down to 147 anymore.

Comment

Working...
                      X