Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why is boxing not popular in Spain compared to Latin America?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Culturally different I guess. Soccer and basketball probably has to do with a lot of it since that's big in the country.

They don't really have that iconic Spanish fighter some other countries have so that could also play a factor into it. I don't even think they have a hall of famer who was born in Spain and identified themselves as Spanish.

Comment

Antonio_Banderas.gif

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by low blows View Post
          Boxing is viewed as barbaric from what I have read. With the economic collapse of the Spanish economy you would think unemployed youth that read the sports section would want to earn what Mayweather, Klitschko and other stars earn but nobody does the sport at the amateur level. I guess that's probably a good thing.....
          But they let bulls run through a street and impale people on their horns

Comment

Originally posted by Bori Bori View Post
            Latin America was colonized by Spain expect for Brazil and a few others but how did boxing became popular in Latin America but not Spain if Spain was the Colonizers ????

Also I have a question does latin america Machismo come from the Spaniards culture or Native Indigenous culture ????

Boxing is popular in both Britain & and most Anglo colonised countries like Australia and South Africa & usa ....so why isn't spain good at boxing if it colonised most of Latin America ???? Hope y'all understand my question...
            Mixture of Indian and Spaniard makes them more feisty

Comment

we have more in common with italians down here than spaniards i guess (even though my grandparents were born and raised in spain)

Comment

Colonization was one thing. The Spanish brought, disease, guns, and armor.

Their initial advantages are not relevant in the ring.

You ask a lot of questions. Starting to wonder about your agenda.

Comment

because the bull horns keep tearin' the gloves.....

Comment

Working...
                  X