No announcement yet.

Should Triple G Move UP To 168lbs???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Triple G Move UP To 168lbs???

There aren't any compelling fights for him at 160lbs and the ginger kid doesn't plan on fighting him anytime soon...should Triple G wait for canelo and the other belt holders to step up so he can unify or should he move up to get big fights?...I'm thinking he needs to move up since fighters keep ducking him at 160lbs. He can fight that ramirez guy and win a belt as his debut to 168lbs and then use that belt as leverage for other big fights...what do you think?...

Yes because thats where much better fights are to be made , he is too old and too good to continue to fight B grade opponents , if he truly wants to be great he needs to up the ante and fight some meaningful fights against elite opponents , its a real shame he didnt take Wards challenge because that would have been his one and only superfight against a superstar now he is fighting Wade what a waste of talent .

Comment

Neither fans or GGG make that call, his Body when i can no longer make 160 will let him know when it is time to move up.

Since when does fans have a say as far as if or when a fighter should or can move up?

Comment

NOPE he should continue to chase canelo until he gets stripped or fights. ggg is also chasing history he has a great chance to break hopkins defense record.

Comment

Nah there are a lot of legacy defining fights at 160. Once he is done then he can move up and challenge himself.

Comment

Originally posted by GMAN SUPREME View Post
            NOPE he should continue to chase canelo until he gets stripped or fights. ggg is also chasing history he has a great chance to break hopkins defense record.
            Its not about records or belts that define greatness , belts can be held by ordinary fighters as we have seen many times , the very first criteria and the most important mark he can make on boxing history and prove to be a true great is that they beat great fighters , you people protect fighters from fighting great fighters and I cant comprehend that .

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
              Its not about records or belts that define greatness , belts can be held by ordinary fighters as we have seen many times , the very first criteria and the most important mark he can make on boxing history and prove to be a true great is that they beat great fighters , you people protect fighters from fighting great fighters and I cant comprehend that .
              how many ordinary fighters knockout 21 in a row with 15 of them being championship fights?what happened to the days of ruling your division with an iron fist something both monzon and hagler did they were never criticized for it hell they're best wins are guys from lower weight classes.ggg is a special fighter you're just too blind to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                Yes because thats where much better fights are to be made , he is too old and too good to continue to fight B grade opponents , if he truly wants to be great he needs to up the ante and fight some meaningful fights against elite opponents , its a real shame he didnt take Wards challenge because that would have been his one and only superfight against a superstar now he is fighting Wade what a waste of talent .
                I totally agree...I'm a big Triple G fan but he's wasting his time at 160lbs...he should just accept whatever billy d saunders wants in order to get his belt...he should just humble himself and play the b side to any beltholder and take the belts...if it was really about belts...he could just agree to whatever like lomachenko in order to get the belt...he should accept canelo's 155 catch-weight if he really wants his belt...

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                  Neither fans or GGG make that call, his Body when i can no longer make 160 will let him know when it is time to move up.

Since when does fans have a say as far as if or when a fighter should or can move up?
                  I don't understand, how so when before Triple G and Abel Sanchez challenged every fighter from 154-168? Sounds like his body was ready to move up then, so how can his body not make the call to move up now?

Comment

Originally posted by GMAN SUPREME View Post
                    Speaking of Hopkins, how would a fight between Triple G and BHOP go now in your opinion? I think it's a 50-50 fight...

Comment

Working...
                    X