No announcement yet.

The humble Manny Pacquiao????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
    You can be gracious and caring to others without being humble.
    I'd rather be gracious and caring to others while driving around in my Lambo counting my millions. God bless him.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
      The only ones who seem to have a problem with Pacquiao being called humble are those sensitive racist black power guys on youtube, they always have to compare other ethnicity to their own and say things like why is he humble but this black man ain't, its just another hate to the black man! they hate us! all that racial stuff, it gets tired and makes you want to tell them to grow balls and stop being sissies and crybabies always playing the race card.

There is one channel on youtube, dude has a spin on everything he hates on Donaire, Pacquiao and Canelo and now even Marquez, but he never criticizes black fighters ever and even made a video of how Jon Jones is hated because he is black.

Well if that is the case Pacquiao is hated because he isn't black by these guys. Another guy even said he doesn't care about those sandy hook kids who died because black kids dies everyday, wtf kinda pity me mentality is that? to me people who think like this are disgusting and should seek mental help.

I'm sorry but I just don't understand what race has to do with this thread. Please leave that racist stuff out it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rapid Counter View Post
        I'm sorry but I just don't understand what race has to do with this thread. Please leave that racist stuff out it.
        I'm glad you said it. That whole post sounded kinda weird.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          After the fight he was plenty gracious in defeat. He always has been. Again, no one is truly humble when they are as famous and great at what they do as Pacquiao, but compared to other fighters? He's nearly a saint professionally.
          Its very easy to be humble after being ktfo, I see it all the time from fighters. So what makes him so Saintly compared to everyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            So what? What makes him humble is the way he treats others - after earning all those millions, he is still gracious to others and caring to a fault--with those who he knows and those who he doesn't.
            Ok, so how much time have you spent with him again? I wasn't aware that there are posters on this site that personally know Pacquiao.

Pacquiao has been built up by Arum and his team to be the anti-Mayweather. The media/general public bought that BS because it fits a certain narrative.

Comment

Ok, this may come across as a Manny bashing thread but it really isn't. When people mention Manny Pacquiao they always seem to mention how humble he is. But is he or is this just a myth?

He drives around in a Ferrari.

Lives in a mansion.

Cheated on his wife numerous times.

Used to be involved in c**k fights.

Had sex with prostitutes.

I'm sure people can add more to this but I just want to know if these are there things a humle man would do.

Now what a man does with his hard earned money is his business, I don't begrudge any man buying a sweet ride and living in a nice house.

Plenty of other fighters do the same things but you don't hear about them being called humble.

I remember also when he was going to fight Ricky Hatton, it was agreed upon that they would each get 50/50 split. At the last minute Pacquiao wanted more of a percentage than Hatton or the fight was off (as I remember it) Hatton conceded to Pacquiao's terms. Does it sound like something a humble man would to, a man who doesn't fight for money but for his fans?

So I ask.......what makes Pacquiao so humble? Please discuss
              He might have money and a ton of material things but he doesn't rub in your face. Mayweather makes sure you know he has money and brags about the **** he has.

Comment

Its very easy to be humble after being ktfo, I see it all the time from fighters. So what makes him so Saintly compared to everyone else?
                You clearly have your opinion, which is fine, but if you can't see what makes Pac humble compared to other athletes on his level, I don't know what to tell you.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                  I'd rather be gracious and caring to others while driving around in my Lambo counting my millions. God bless him.
                  So would everyone else. I don't exactly have a problem with Pacquiao not being humble what I have a problem with is people marketing and making him out to be something that he is not.

Comment

Originally posted by bigcursedawg View Post
                    He might have money and a ton of material things but he doesn't rub in your face. Mayweather makes sure you know he has money and brags about the **** he has.
                    Nobody is accusing Mayweather of being humble though.

Comment

He's humble in his profession.

That's why everyone says he's humble.

As a boxer he's humble.

No one gives a flying **** if he drives a pink ferrari and shags 10 prostitutes a day, that's none of our buisness. He's earnt the right to drive flashy cars and whatnot.

Who are we to judge what they do OUTSIDE of Boxing. That goes for Mayweather too, however the difference with Mayweather is some would say he is not humble in his profession. Now does that personally annoy me? Absolutely not. I couldn't give a flying **** if he personally jogged it to Somalia every day to feed starving kids, i'd still look at him the same way ie what he does outside of Boxing is none of my damn business.

At the end of the day, EVERY SINGLE SUCCESSFUL sportsman has to have an ego. None of them could get to where they got to without having an ego. Some may have ego's bigger than others, some may be better at covering their ego's up more than others, but the fact remains, they have to believe they are better than the average nobody to get where they get to. And the likes of Pacquiao and Mayweather most certainly are, sporting success wise.

Even Mayweathers so called loud mouth and arrogance is just a show. At the end of the day, it works. Just like Pacquiao's supposed humbleness works. It does the job, it sells the persona to gullible twats like me and you. Both are driving around in flashy cars, living in houses none of us will probably ever step foot in and banging some of the hottest women(apart from Jinkee like) around. But they've earnt that right. And even if they haven't that's none of our business. We don't need to know that, and we won't know that if it doesn't fit around their persona. I mean look at Mayweather, there's video's on youtube of him talking very respectfully when he really goes deep down, when he forgets the persona, you can see he can be a very respectful guy when he chooses to be. But because it doesn't suit his image, you never hear about that side of him in the media etc and we wont see it much from him as long as he's still active. It is what it is.

Comment

Working...
                      X