Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chris Brown vs Drake almost done for Sept 15th! Would it outsell Chavez vs Martinez??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Brown vs Drake almost done for Sept 15th! Would it outsell Chavez vs Martinez??

Both fights might be on the same day on PPV in Vegas if Brown vs Drake get finalized according to Celebrity Boxing promoter Damon Feldman ......which ppv would sell more? Check out his interview below ....Poll added

PC: For our readers who aren't familiar with the celebrity boxing circuit, just give me a little bit of info on yourself and what you do.

DF: I'm Damon Feldman. I'm the owner of Celebrity Boxing Federation. I'm the guy that does all of the celebrity fights. We have done 55 celebrity fights; everybody from Rodney King, Jose Canseco, to Tanya Harding. We are out of Philadelphia. We travel all around. We have done fights in Los Angeles, Florida, and so forth.

PC: Obviously you are from the fighting city of Philadelphia. Is that where this idea came from? What made this a reality for you?

DF: Actually, it started on the "Chio in the Morning" show on Wired 96.5 radio in Philly. We're doing a fight with the Octomom, and then the whole ordeal went down with [Chris] Brown and Drake. He's always pushing me into doing bigger fights, so he pushed me into doing this. I got in touch with an investor out of Los Angeles, Alki David. He is a multi-billionaire and we did it. We put it together. We had a press conference showing the checks. Where we are now, it stands at $5million a piece. I don't know if you heard, but we are also going to put on the card...we are working on putting The Game vs. 40 Glocc. They just got into it over the weekend. That would be a great co-feature match. I'm trying to build up these hip hop fights because there is always a rivalry there. Now we can make it entertainment. We can have these guys battle it out in a ring with 24 oz. boxing gloves on, headgear, and a mouthpiece. It's more of a show than anything, but we have some fun with this.

PC: Is the Drake and Chris Brown fight finalized? Where does it stand right now?

DF: Right now, Brown has verbally agreed. The contracts will go out this week. We have the contracts done. We have showed the contracts at a press conference that we had Wednesday to show everybody that it is the real deal. Each guy gets $2.5 million upon signing and then $2.5 million each will go into an escrow account. We just want them to battle it out, man. This is what I have done my whole life and it's my dream come true. Alki David is helping me put the money together to make it work and it would be live on Pay-Per-Vew TV and the tentative date right now is September 15th in Las Vegas.

PC: How close are you guys to getting The Game and 40 Glocc done?*

DF: The crazy thing is I just got in touch with 93.5, The Kay Day Show in Los Angeles. CEE CEE and Tattoo in the morning are helping me put this together and I really think it's going to happen. I really feel confident. You know they had this big ordeal where The Game had all of his boys there and 40 is saying they had guns, so now they can go and settle it in the ring and battle it out for three 1-minute rounds.

PC: Is there a celebrity fight that you haven't put together yet that you would like to make happen?

DF: (Laughing) I've tried everything. I tried to put Apollo Creed, Carl Weathers, against Mr. T. I've tried them all, man. My ultimate goal is to build this to be the WWE of boxing and be a cross between Don King and Vince McMahon. I've been doing this stuff…I'm 36 now; I've been doing it since. I was 9-0 as a professional boxer and got out of it because of an accident outside the ring, and then I started celebrity boxing with Danny Bonaduce in '08 and we used to have to really push hard to get fights. Now, with celebrities getting into fights in the streets and whatever, we make it into grudge matches.

PC: Have you ever had someone back out at the last minute on you?*

DF: Nah. The only thing that ever happened was Jose Canseco. (Laughing) it's a funny story, but we had him booked to fight in Florida and his brother showed up instead, but nobody has ever backed out. We are building this as entertainment; these guys are going to battle it out and they want to do it.* It's three 1-minute rounds and a chance for them to make their spotlight even bigger. They can always use more publicity and they also get paid for it.

PC: It would be much better to see The Game and 40 Glocc end it like this instead of the way it can end up.

DF: Oh yeah! Also, we signed Floyd Mayweather Sr. He is signed on to celebrity boxing and he's going to be the trainer. He's either gonna train Chris Brown or Drake and if the situation goes down, he will train either The Game or 40 Glocc. Floyd Mayweather Sr., not only was he a world-class fighter that fought Sugar Ray Leonard, but he is a great guy, man. I was talking to him and what a nice guy he is.

PC: He is definitely that and I wish him the best with anything that he does.

DF: Yeah, he is a great guy and these fights will be fun and an event, and we're going to take it to the next level. We are looking to get the contracts with Drake and Chris Brown done, and also with 40 and The Game as well, this week and that will be a great card.

PC: I hope it all comes together for you guys. Keep me posted because it has definitely captured the public's eye. Is there anything you want to say in closing?

DF: This is the public's fight, man. I want to thank my partners www.thesafecig.com and everyone wants to see Chris Brown and Drake settle it in the ring, and if Rihanna isn't there, I know she will be watching (laughing).
    Chavez vs Martinez
    46.67%
    Chris Brown vs Drake?
    53.33%
    Last edited by Atreyu Khalil; 07-12-2012, 12:41 PM. Reason: Typo in thread title please edit

Would look like 2 high school girls fighting.

Comment

This fight would sell way more than Chavez-Martinez lol. Twitter would explode that night

Comment

Roflmfao, I would watch for pure entertainment value

Comment

5 Million PPV buys, guaranteed.

Comment

Originally posted by MalikKnucklez View Post
            5 Million PPV buys, guaranteed.
            I'm running with this! It would do big numbers

Comment

Thats like saying would you listen to justin beiber or 2PAC..
              SMFH

Comment

Originally posted by SixFootGiant View Post
                This fight would sell way more than Chavez-Martinez lol. Twitter would explode that night
                Twitter would shut down lol

Comment

24 oz. boxing gloves on

God damn, lol.

But yes, of course, this fight would sell a lot more than Martinez-Chavez Jr, and Canelo vs any one not named Mayweather.

This is actually bad for boxing, because I think Drake vs Chris Brown would get all of the attention. I personally want to watch Martinez vs Chavez, and Canelo vs Lopez, but i'm a hardcore boxing fan of real boxing. Not 24oz boxing.

Comment

its ony three, one minute rounds though, and 24oz gloves on top of that.

none of these dudes know how to punch, even with them swinging wild with their chin in the air its unlikely somebody is gonna do real damage and you know its not gonna be any real boxing going on. its gonna be a slapfest where neither guy makes a real statement or wins convincingly.

if it was 3x3 with 14-18oz gloves it would be the **** though.

Comment

Working...
                    X