No announcement yet.

Props to Ford for their 2011 Ford Fiesta

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Props to Ford for their 2011 Ford Fiesta

First car in it's class that has a dual clutch transmission. awesome fuel economy (40 MPG HWY).

Most DCTs in existance today are calibrated for performance like Porsche's PDK (porsche doppelkupplung), BMW's M-DCT, the dual clutch transmission in the Bugatti Veyron, etc.

Anyway, this is great for them. Props to Ford!

(BTW, you can't manually shift through gears on the Ford Fiesta, no paddle shifters or anything of the sort)

I wonder how much fuel economy would improve in hybrid's equipped with a DCT

Comment

also, props to Hyundai/KIA for developing a new 2.0 litre 4 cylinder, turbo charged engine that cranks out about 270HP and 280lb ft of torque (this engine is being rated at 35MPG HWY)

this will replace their V6 line up

the base engines will be naturally aspirated 4 bangers, the upgraded engines in the upper trims will be the smaller, more powerful and more efficient 2.0 litres.

nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Riz Luvalot View Post
        also, props to Hyundai/KIA for developing a new 2.0 litre 4 cylinder, turbo charged engine that cranks out about 270HP and 280lb ft of torque (this engine is being rated at 35MPG HWY)

this will replace their V6 line up

the base engines will be naturally aspirated 4 bangers, the upgraded engines in the upper trims will be the smaller, more powerful and more efficient 2.0 litres.

nice.
        not only will this be more efficient than V6s, they will also weigh a lot less, resulting in better balance.

Comment

The G-Dog Mobile

Comment

where are all the car buffs?

Comment

Like George Lopez comedy "I get 40 miles to the gallon"
              "Yeah but you look like a puto doing it"

Anyways i like the ford focus. the new ones are pretty clean.

Comment

Originally posted by Chicharito View Post
                Like George Lopez comedy "I get 40 miles to the gallon"
                "Yeah but you look like a puto doing it"

Anyways i like the ford focus. the new ones are pretty clean.
                i think he was making fun of the toyota prius when he said that. anyway, i don't care for those kind of comments. the latest gen prius doesn't look bad at all, same overall shape but the creases help.

Comment

Fiesta's are for Old women.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X