Collapse
No announcement yet.

What makes Phillip N'Dou such a bum??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't consider him a bum, but he's not a big name or great win. Solid win, nothing else.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxerDood View Post
      Uhhh...Does a prime Jose Luis Castillo ring any bells? Floyd had a very short career at 135, but 50% of his fights there were against top tier opponents (well opponent without the "s", since he fought Castillo twice). Since when does every fight have to be against top tier opponents? I can name like four consecutive fights where Mosley fought bums at WW who got beat up by JWWs. He even wanted to fight Gatti and Baldomir, two guys Floyd gets criticized for fighting.
      what does castillo have to do with floyd fighting an un ranked guy? also you may notice that since the castillo fights floyd hasn't fought anyone top tier in his weight division. he must have got shook cause he was so close to losing.

140-none. tszyu, cotto, and hatton were top tier gatti was not
      147-none. cotto and margarito were top tier baldomir, judah, and 140 hatton were not
      154-no top tier guys were there but oscar was the most popular so that counts?

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        what does castillo have to do with floyd fighting an un ranked guy? also you may notice that since the castillo fights floyd hasn't fought anyone top tier in his weight division. he must have got shook cause he was so close to losing.

140-none. tszyu, cotto, and hatton were top tier gatti was not
        147-none. cotto and margarito were top tier baldomir, judah, and 140 hatton were not
        154-no top tier guys were there but oscar was the most popular so that counts?
        Your exact words were "you would think floyd would want to fight someone at lightweight who actually proved they can fight there. oh i guess not.". He proved himself against Castillo, fought two more times and then moved up to the best divisions.

And for the record, he called out Tszyu, Cotto and Hatton at 140. I'm not sure why the Tszyu fight never happened, but I know that Cotto and Hatton wanted to fight him until they saw him dismantle Gatti from the ringside. Arum then said that Cotto "Isn't ready yet" and Hatton just shut up completely. And at 147, Mayweather was scheduled to fight Margarito in Nov 2006 after Mosley declined the offer, but he left Top Rank because Arum refused to make the Cotto fight the second time for 10mill, so that couldn't happen. When was the last time Mayweather fought a Top Rank fighter?

I'm going to stop replying because I've clearly proved that the N'Dou fight was legit, and your just bringing up random crap right now. Feel free to reply if it makes you feel better, but you're just talking to yourself now.

Comment

Working...
        X