Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Just Watched Floyd-JMM and My Thoughts!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Just Watched Floyd-JMM and My Thoughts!

Just saw the fight for the 1st time and some things stood out to me. I was dissapointed when I heard that Floyd didnt knock JMM out. I assumed that he would be more aggressive but I found out he just pot shotted him. However, after now watching the fight, I dont feel that way at all. People who said that Floyd was pot shotting all night are crazy. Was he landing one or 2 punches at a time? Yes but he was doing it in a very offensive manner and he very rarely hit JMM going backwards. This fight was nothing like a boring pot shot fight. As for the non KO, Im totally ok with it after now watching the fight. To me it was one of those fights where it wouldve basicaly been impossible for Floyd to stop him. Most of the fight JMM was being cautious. He's a natural counter puncher and even though he's been more offensive of late and talked about coming forward, Floyd's speed made him very cautious. That means that JMM was never going to walk into much and his caution would make him be prepared and waiting for nearly every offensive move by Floyd. Then you times that by 2 when we are talking about him being the 2nd best counter puncher in the game.

I thought Floyd put on a masterful performance that no one should hate it. He looked on the top of his game. Was he bigger? Yes but size was hardly a factor in this fight. IDK why so many are talking about size when Floyd hardly ever put any hard pressure on him and they hardly ever clinched. There bodies never touched eachother hardly all night but yet so many talk about size like Floyd was a bully in the ring. He didnt do anything but use his speed & skill all night. Just because he was masterful doesnt mean that he was perfect. For as great as his D was, JMM did land like 3 or 4 big rights in this fight, most of them coming in the 1st half and they were loud. They probably werent loud on HBO because there audio sucks compared to Showtime and things you hear on the net but those were some big punches and it had me thinking that if Mosley landed that right then it could easily buckle Floyd. He has to be careful. That part confused me. Was it Floyd being rusty and Mosley could hurt him that way or was it JMM being JMM?

I bring up JMM because I totally disagree with everyone about how he looked. I thought he looked great. He wasnt a blown up LW. No doubt Floyd was the bigger man but JMM looked like the same JMM to me. I saw a guy who I think would go to 140 and not only win but dominate pretty much everyone there "if" Floyd didnt take it out of him. Floyd didnt brutally destroy him but he did put some on him late and sometimes its just a mental thing about you for the 1st time knowing that you truly lost a fight. You may not be the same after that. Seriously though, I thought he looked great. It just didnt show much because Floyd is that fast & skilled but who at 140 looks like Floyd did on that night? Again, thats why I dont think Floyd stopped him, because JMM technique was so good that if Floyd had slipped any then JMM wouldve countered him without a doubt. I do think he may have stopped him if they wouldve been in the pocket more but Weeks broke it up immediatly when they were close like that.

All in all I thought both guys looked good, Im now not dissapointed in Floyd in any way, Im scared about him taking a big right from a fast powerful guy like Mosley, but I do think he is more offensive now and will land alot more on guys like Pac, Cotto, and Shane who wont be nearly as cautious

Marquez has better timing then Shane, Shane won't be as sucessful landing THAT big of a shot.

Comment

Pretty solid post. JMM would dominate 140 and 135, but Floyd was a lot bigger, and it is very hard to stop a defensive fighter like JMM. Marquez also landed some of the cleanest shots I have ever seen landed on Floyd. I mean a few of them spinned his head completely around.

Comment

Bull**** post.

If you think that was the "usual" JMM you need to watch more boxing.

JMM's a natural FW.

Go fuk yourself on this one DLT.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
          Pretty solid post. JMM would dominate 140 and 135, but Floyd was a lot bigger, and it is very hard to stop a defensive fighter like JMM. Marquez also landed some of the cleanest shots I have ever seen landed on Floyd. I mean a few of them spinned his head completely around.
          yeah, I always said before this fight that I dont think pretty much any right hander in history can hit a "prime" Mayweather clean but if there is one who could do it then it would be JMM because he throws such precise punches. He might didnt land hardly anything but he landed about 5 hard shots that I havent seen any righty land on a Prime Floyd. I dont think Cotto can do it even though he had underrated boxing skills but Mosley throws some very fast explosive punches that may catch Floyd while he's lax. With that being said, Mosley throws pretty much all looping punches and Juan doesnt. I do think people underestimate how JMM looked and how much he affected Floyd. As great as Floyd looked, there were a ton of things that he couldnt do because Juan was so on point. I think Floyd was basicaly in N'Dou/Gatti forum that night but he couldnt do that to JMM. Thats what Im saying. From the JMM standpoint, Floyd is just a bad matchup for him. He's the worst matchup in boxing for him like Shane is the worst for Margarito

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post
            Bull**** post.

JMM's a natural FW.

I think it had more to do with Floyd than it did with JMM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post
              Bull**** post.

JMM's a natural FW.

Im not dissing JMM or trying to hype of the Floyd win to make him look good. I seriously beleive that he was the same ole JMM. Look at 24/7, look at his sparring, and look at all the things he said before the fight. He felt great. Floyd was just a much faster fighter, 10x more skilled than anyone he's ever fought, and he's arguably the best defensive guy ever. I bet anything that if he fought Pac or Bradley then he wouldve looked like the same ole guy

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
                street, please tell me you are taking the piss on this post....

Comment

As soon as I heard mayweather weighted 146 I knew marquez had no chance.. even had mayweather kept his word and respected the contract it was going to be and uphill battle for marquez, but i can't ***** about it marquez called him out.

Comment

Originally posted by Kinto View Post
                    As soon as I heard mayweather weighted 146 I knew marquez had no chance.. even had mayweather kept his word and respected the contract it was going to be and uphill battle for marquez, but i can't ***** about it marquez called him out.
                    You, and the rest of the JMM crew, have my full respect. The man had balls of titanium for taking the fight, with all that was going on. Lets be clear about it, Pac-Fans. Your boy will get it worse....

Comment

Working...
                    X