No announcement yet.

The Real Teddy Atlas weighs in on Cotto/Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Real Teddy Atlas weighs in on Cotto/Pacquiao

"It’s not the fight it would have been a couple of years ago or even a year ago. I think it could have been an interesting fight and maybe it still will be, I have no final say on it, it’s just my opinion. I just don’t think it will be the interesting fight that we want it to be or potentially on paper what it is supposed to be; a small Pacquiao fighting a bigger stronger Cotto whose primary asset is going to the body against the quicker fleeter footed small guy and wear him down. I don’t know that Cotto will be able to do that and that was one of the interesting things, big speed advantage versus a super quick fighter with a come ahead style and wear him down. That’s the interested part but it will not play out because Cotto is damaged goods. I know that some of these psychopaths are going to say, Teddy is off his rocker. I am not saying that Cotto doesn’t have heart, I’m not saying that he is not a warrior, he’s got all the heart in the world. I think he showed us he is damaged in the Clottey fight. I think that he was torn apart and ready to be taken, ready to spit the bit, and again to those psychopaths out there, save your words, I don’t listen to them and I don’t want to hear them. You have your opinion and I have mine and mine is based on being in this business my whole life. Yes Cotto is a warrior but fighters are humans first and fighters second. They are human, they have their frailties, their weak times, and they suffer from depression just like all humans do at times. Cotto was affected by the Margarito fight, his confidence was shaken, shaken to the CORE! He had doubts and those doubts were showing against Clottey and he wasn’t sure if he could handle it. Yes he won the fight but he was on the cuff, on the brink of being pushed over the cliff. In a weird way Clottey saved him because he did not act like a fighter should, he did not seize the moment, he didn’t push Cotto off the cliff, and he let him survive." - Teddy Atlas on Pacquiao-Cotto

Now Paquiao has to beat two things on Nov 14th..Miguel Cotto and the curse of Teddy Atlas..Although Atlas does speak with a lot of sense i must admit.

lol ,i guess i'm not the only one that thinks teddys a ****in joke .every big fight i always wait to see who atlas picks then i know who will win..
    if he picks the one i'm going with which hasn't happend yet,i be like ****!
    **** you atlas!!!

Comment

Anyone got a list of Atlas' predictions? His hits and misses

Comment

Originally posted by two_guns View Post
        lol ,i guess i'm not the only one that thinks teddys a ****in joke .every big fight i always wait to see who atlas picks then i know who will win..
        if he picks the one i'm going with which hasn't happend yet,i be like ****!
        **** you atlas!!!
        in mismatches , teddy always picks the underdog just to be different.

in close matchups , he's a little bit better.

Comment

I remember him picking Pac/Hatton and Pac/De la Hoya correctly. He also picked Cotto/Clottey right.

Comment

I think he predicted Hatton to beat Pacquiao, BUT he picked Pac to beat De La Hoya. So far he's 1-1 for pac in the last year and a half.

Comment

BTW Teddy Atlas's top 10 p4p looks like this:

1. Floyd Mayweather Jr.
              2. Juan Manuel Marquez
              3. Manny Pacquiao
              10. Miguel Cotto....

lol.........

Comment

Originally posted by k1t3 View Post
                I remember him picking Pac/Hatton and Pac/De la Hoya correctly. He also picked Cotto/Clottey right.

He went for Pac just because Manny was a big dog, but he pick Hatton to win though, and he said just to be different. Scarface is a weird guy...

Comment

^^^ man.. i just cant stop looking at those bitches shaking their booty

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Jesus View Post
                    "It’s not the fight it would have been a couple of years ago or even a year ago. I think it could have been an interesting fight and maybe it still will be, I have no final say on it, it’s just my opinion. I just don’t think it will be the interesting fight that we want it to be or potentially on paper what it is supposed to be; a small Pacquiao fighting a bigger stronger Cotto whose primary asset is going to the body against the quicker fleeter footed small guy and wear him down. I don’t know that Cotto will be able to do that and that was one of the interesting things, big speed advantage versus a super quick fighter with a come ahead style and wear him down. That’s the interested part but it will not play out because Cotto is damaged goods. I know that some of these psychopaths are going to say, Teddy is off his rocker. I am not saying that Cotto doesn’t have heart, I’m not saying that he is not a warrior, he’s got all the heart in the world. I think he showed us he is damaged in the Clottey fight. I think that he was torn apart and ready to be taken, ready to spit the bit, and again to those psychopaths out there, save your words, I don’t listen to them and I don’t want to hear them. You have your opinion and I have mine and mine is based on being in this business my whole life. Yes Cotto is a warrior but fighters are humans first and fighters second. They are human, they have their frailties, their weak times, and they suffer from depression just like all humans do at times. Cotto was affected by the Margarito fight, his confidence was shaken, shaken to the CORE! He had doubts and those doubts were showing against Clottey and he wasn’t sure if he could handle it. Yes he won the fight but he was on the cuff, on the brink of being pushed over the cliff. In a weird way Clottey saved him because he did not act like a fighter should, he did not seize the moment, he didn’t push Cotto off the cliff, and he let him survive." - Teddy Atlas on Pacquiao-Cotto

Now Paquiao has to beat two things on Nov 14th..Miguel Cotto and the curse of Teddy Atlas..Although Atlas does speak with a lot of sense i must admit.
                    I think if we/cotto would've not found out about the plaster i would agree that the margarito fight has impacted cotto. But now i think cotto sees that margarito fight as a fight that margarito had a disadvantage, WHETHER HE DID OR NOT. Cotto is probably thinking that he took all those bricks and still hung on to 11th rd. I think the margarito fight and fighting clottey with 1 eye is what will help cotto beat pacquiao. Cotto realizes that margarito hits wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy harder than pacquiao, yet he still hung in there for 11 rds.

Sorry teddy but your analysis is backwards. Cotto is using the margarito/clottey fights to his advantage and that spells alot of trouble/punishment for pacquiao. I think pacquiao will never be the same after cotto fight. BUT, I COULD BE WRONG...WE ALL COULD....LOL

Comment

Working...
                    X