No announcement yet.

Need me a good BB gun, what do I get?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need me a good BB gun, what do I get?

I'm sick of these damn possums skunks and raccoons around my apartment building.

I cant use a real gun since I live in a city obviously, so I need a high-powered BB gun that isn't too loud. Or maybe a cross bow? I've never shot one.

Anyone here have experience with these things as far shooting vermin?

I had a bunch of BB guns but they were all hand guns, I had a powerful pump handgun but I never shot an animal with it and it's crazy loud.

Probably look at at some air riles in .177 that would do the job.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
      I'm sick of these damn possums skunks and raccoons around my apartment building.

I cant use a real gun since I live in a city obviously, so I need a high-powered BB gun that isn't too loud. Or maybe a cross bow? I've never shot one.

Anyone here have experience with these things as far shooting vermin?

I had a bunch of BB guns but they were all hand guns, I had a powerful pump handgun but I never shot an animal with it and it's crazy loud.
      Gammo big cat maxxim.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
        Probably look at at some air riles in .177 that would do the job.
        Originally posted by All in View Post
        Gammo big cat maxxim.
        Details please, why those?

I'm not trying to buy a piece of ****, or something that is extremely loud or needs maintenance.

Pellets, BB? What kind of ammo am I using for these ****ers? Trying to put these vermin down, 1 shot 1 kill...

ALso ain't trying to break bank...

Comment

A bb gun will not do much, get a 22.

Comment

The Gamo was a good suggestion.

Depending on the model, probably pick one up for around 150-200.

Pellets.

It makes noise. It's not as loud as a .22.

You should be able to take out the type of rodents/vermin you are looking at in one shot if you aren't a total dump truck.

Comment

Originally posted by Marcov View Post
              A bb gun will not do much, get a 22.
              Can't use that where I live or I would. Can't use a BB gun either, but if cops showed up I know enough of them to make it go away, not sure about a real gun though.

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
              The Gamo was a good suggestion.

Depending on the model, probably pick one up for around 150-200.

Pellets.

It makes noise. It's not as loud as a .22.

You should be able to take out the type of rodents/vermin you are looking at in one shot if you aren't a total dump truck.
              Pellets really that much better? I found BBs more accurate with the guns I used in the past, and pellets are kind of soft, I assume they are good because they stay in the body and won't exit?

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
                Can't use that where I live or I would. Can't use a BB gun either, but if cops showed up I know enough of them to make it go away, not sure about a real gun though.

Pellets really that much better? I found BBs more accurate with the guns I used in the past, and pellets are kind of soft, I assume they are good because they stay in the body and won't exit?
                Couldn't even tell you which are superior between BB's or pellets.

I do know that some of the air rifles shoot projectiles 1000+ fps, so they should be able to get the job done with a well placed shot.

Comment

You ain't ****ing with a possium with a bb or pellet gun. they are hard to kill.

You might piss a raccoon off though.. If they are messing with trash looking for food they won't scare easy. Be careful those ****ers will go for your throat.

The smell of dogs usually keeps em away but you live in an apartment building so I don't know..

Comment

Originally posted by BΣRϟΣRKΣR View Post
                    You ain't ****ing with a possium with a bb or pellet gun. they are hard to kill.

You might piss a raccoon off though.. If they are messing with trash looking for food they won't scare easy. Be careful those ****ers will go for your throat.

The smell of dogs usually keeps em away but you live in an apartment building so I don't know..
                    Well I own the building so i do plan on getting a Doberman or shepard eventually, just not at this moment. I don't have a fence up so I won't get one until I do, especially if I decide to get Doberman.

As for shooting vermin with a BB gun you might be right which is why I'm looking for something high powered. I was young I Would shoot squirrels, and unless they were standing up and facing me and I could get a clean shot on their stomach, they wouldn't go down.

We used to make crossbows with clothing hangers too, those Would take down vermin np, but not very accurate.
                    Last edited by AddiX; 01-17-2017, 03:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X