Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the interest level of Dawson vs. Ward here???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the interest level of Dawson vs. Ward here???

Because for me I have ZERO interest in this fight. And that includes a rooting interest. I just don't care and I can't figure out why. Probably wont even watch it.

Now I watch a lot of boxing whether a shytty grainy stream of some prospect I heard of or full blown PPV's.

But this fight takes the cake. The shyt just came out of nowhere, it seems forced, makes NO sense financially and it wasnt a fight that fans asked for.

I love pure boxers and all, and I actually like Dawson and Ward, Ward a little more. But this fight imo blows. Neither fighter gains anything win or lose.

Thoughts on this fight???

Please don't come in this thread with the high horse "youre not a real boxing fan" bullshyt. Save it.
    Last edited by B.U.R.N.E.R; 05-20-2012, 04:46 PM.

168 ruins it for me. I'd be pretty interested if Ward was challenging himself with a move to 175. I want to see the fight, but is it something I'm clamoring for? Barely.

Comment

well 2 ring champs from 2 divisions fighting=interest from me to be honest and remember Dawson was the one who asked for 168

Comment

The billy goat will probably just get handed a victory anyway.

Comment

Ward gets no credit for beating Dawson at 168. I wouldn't even consider it one of his best wins. Only if Dawson wins does this fight mean anything to me. I have no interest at all in this one.

Comment

Give me any fight between top guys. A foty rematch cancelled twice, another great rematch cancelled due to PEDs. Sergio can't get a fight nor can JMM, Donaire is ducking all challenges, hardly anybody for the Klits to fight. Ward is a top guy who has been fighting top guys and looks to keep doing just that.

Bring on Bute-Ward next year.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              168 ruins it for me. I'd be pretty interested if Ward was challenging himself with a move to 175. I want to see the fight, but is it something I'm clamoring for? Barely.
              Ward vs. Dirrell

Pascal vs. Dawson II

Ward vs. Martinez

Ward vs. Pascal

Much more interesting fights imo.

Comment

Very interested. Minimal excitement.

Comment

well, if there's an opportunity to do the fight now they might as well pull the trigger on it. It seems like it will always be a matchup people wonder about.... i mean i like talking boxing with u all, but having them settle our arguments it in the ring seems better. too bad they dont have many fans to go back and forth to hype it up

I have a good feeling about the mentalities of the two at this point in their careers and cant always say that for Dawson...if he goes on and has another fight and looks like crap, then he has a chance of falling back into his pattern and this fight might never come around again. it mostly mental with Chad and he seems ready to go right now and he doesnt think much of Ward, make it happen

Comment

Aesthetically it promises to be the ugliest fight since Hopkins/Wright. Financially I can't imagine it will make any money since nobody likes either guys style. Dawson is better but he's got a heart like a girl scout and Ward looks bad for working with Conte.

His super 6 win should have an asterisk after what happened with Berto.

If you were going out of your way to put together the worst "fight" possible, this would be it. So I guess that's saying something.

Comment

Working...
                    X