No announcement yet.

Next 2 opponents for Froch in 2014

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next 2 opponents for Froch in 2014

Froch is likely to fight twice next year, if he gets past Groves as expected who would you like to see him fight next year?

Contenders:

Bernard Hopkins
    James DeGale
    Martin Murray
    Robert Stieglitz
    Julio Cesar Chavez Jr
    Gennady Golovkin
    Sakio Bika
    Andre Ward II
    Mikkel Kessler III
    Jean Pascal II
    Lucian Bute II

Btw, does anything think Froch was right in saying that the 20,000 ticket sales inside half an hour were primarily for him? I think he may have been.
    Last edited by Weebler I; 09-23-2013, 04:32 AM.

I think it's right about the ticket thing. I mean Groves isn't exactly a household name.

Have to admit looking at the list I'd only really like to see him fight Chavez Jr. I wouldn't mind Pascal II or Kessler III I suppose.

Comment

Ward in the UK and Pascal in Canada (if he holds a belt).

I think a Kessler III fight would be the most entertaiing, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the dane retiring.

Comment

Ticket sales were probs 75-25 in Froch's favour, He will probs want to rematch Groves after he loses.

Comment

I have always wanted to see him fight Sakio Bika.

It would be great. Bika is just about the most aggressive fighter on that list and in front of a passionate Nottingham crowd Froch would accommodate him and they would both be swinging for the cheap seats at times.

I know Bika is managed by Haymon now though so he'll probably be really looked after for a while.

Chavez Jr would also be fun but I can't see how he could beat Froch.

Comment

It'd be nice for Froch to have a night out in Vegas. And I'm thinking Chavez could be the man to make that happen. It'll be all about the money though, Murray could be a big fight in the UK as would Bute in Canada. Hell, the man has so many options...Golovkin would be great fun and it'd be pretty awesome, legacy wise, for Froch to finish off Groves and Degale before retiring.

Comment

Originally posted by Wesker115 View Post
              It'd be nice for Froch to have a night out in Vegas. And I'm thinking Chavez could be the man to make that happen. It'll be all about the money though, Murray could be a big fight in the UK as would Bute in Canada. Hell, the man has so many options...Golovkin would be great fun and it'd be pretty awesome, legacy wise, for Froch to finish off Groves and Degale before retiring.
              I wish he fought more than twice a year to be honest.

Imo Froch could probably knock off Stieglitz and DeGale in 2014 as well as taking on one of the big guns.

Comment

I dunno' if they're "ready" or "deserving" or if Froch "needs them", but my two picks would be Chavez Jr. and Golovkin.

Of course Froch should be able to beat them both, but I think they would both be hellacious good brawls.

With Jr. they could probably promote it well enough to make it quite an event.

Comment

It depends how many fights he actually wants before calling it a day. I think he's only a loss away from serious thoughts over retirement.

Ward aside, i don't see anybody at 168 or below beating him. Froch is a huge draw in the UK now, so he can be thinking of big money-fights at this stage of his career.

I'm not sure what sort of direction the Froch camp will go after the Groves fight (assuming he wins - which he should), but if he wants the fight in the UK he has some good domestic options with Murray and Degale (not big money fights), Kessler 3 (not high on my list as Kessler looks on the slide) or a barnburner with Bika being a unification.

The only fights Froch will probably travel for, would be the winner of Bute/Pascal in Canada, Chavez Jr in Vegas (Jr's team probably won't want to risk it) or a Golovkin fight.

Froch will only fight Ward in the UK, which if Ward does agree to, is at least 12 months away.

Comment

If Ward is willing and ready, that's the only fight he should be aiming for.

The rest is filler.

Comment

Working...
                    X