No announcement yet.

Imagine this huge build up storyline for a Mayweather-Broner fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imagine this huge build up storyline for a Mayweather-Broner fight

I know this would probably never happen, but you never know.. Floyd and Adrian could sell this fight like no other if they acted like they had a "falling out" First Broner builds his name up even more then parts way with floyd and turns on him..they become enemies...The fight gets signed and became as if it was was student vs teacher- Old friends now bitter enemies

Kind of a dumb scenario I thought of but drama sells and that would have to be the top box office drama of the century..lol

And if it was a real falling out that they got into and Adrian signed with 50 cents company..ahh man.. Now it really gets heated

Comment

Broner got beat by Ponce De leon and got punched in the face for as long as it lasted by Gavin Reese. What is he suppose to do to Floyd?

Comment

Floyd would rather sign Broner to his promotional company as an undefeated fighter rather then fight him and take his 0

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
          Broner got beat by Ponce De leon and got punched in the face for as long as it lasted by Gavin Reese. What is he suppose to do to Floyd?
          It amazes me how people try and compare him to Floyd. Just 2 years as a pro, Floyd obliterated Genaro Hernandez. Broner's best wins were a gift against Ponce De Leon, a light punching blown up featherweight and a sloppy performance against a very faded Paulie M.

23 year old Floyd would have ripped Broner's head off. Now he'd just give him a boxing lesson.

Comment

Broner would get his dumb ass whipped if he fought Mayweather, who the hell does he think he is saying ''he doesn't wanna fight Floyd because he don't wanna give him his first loss'' his feet look like they're stuck in mud every time he fights, yeah he has handspeed, but that's not enough as Canelo has underrated handspeed too. Plus Broner doesn't seem to punch as hard at 147, he needs muscle to get to that weight his bones aren't dense enough to make 147 without bulking Honestly the dude would get whipped and potshotted like a fool.
            Last edited by KeepItObjective; 09-16-2013, 04:27 PM.

Comment

I feel like this will happen anyway.

Like Floyd and 50... two over the top personalities are bound to crack heads.. especially when they compete in the same sport, and especially when they're basically fighting in the same weight class.

Comment

Storylines don't mean much when it's a mismatch.

Mayweather toys with Broner and does whatever he wants, whenever he wants. Broner is a C class fighter, Mayweather is the A fighter in boxing.

Comment

That's why I think this fight will happen on the last fight on Mayweathers contract. There are so many stotylines for this fight Teacher vs pupil , Old vs New.
                  In 2 years Broner if he keeps winning will be a a PPV fighter and this fight will do huge #s. I mean his mug was all over the tv on Saturday night, I watched the fight on Saturday with 5 non boxing fans and the only boxers they knew where Mayweather , Canelo and Broner. He's going to have cross over appeal.

My only thing is I don't know if Broner can go 2 years facing legit competition and not lose, and if he'll stay motivated and not start believing his own press clippings like he's just starting the journey and part of me thinks he feels he already made it ( Dude your not a rapper ) . He's already setting himself up to be boxing next arrogant bad guy.

This fight will happen.

Comment

Working...
                  X