Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather: If Martinez Can Make 150, We Can Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Martinez at 150 > Every other option thats been talked about for both Floyd and Manny.

Prefer 154, but if not its still the best option available.

Comment

Floyd should just do 154. He won't get credit for 150.

Comment

Let me start off by saying that I'm niether a PAC or Floyd fan, but why are people complaining if PAC does the exact same CW thing I'm against CW my self, but if PAC were to take Sergio at 150 allot of people would be praising him here. I'm liking this new Floyd btw.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          while i dont think there's an iceberg's chance in hell of martinez accepting a fight anywhere close to 150 i'm still pleased to hear this sort of rhetoric from floyd

he sounds like he's interested in kicking the maximum amount of ass again

the MW champion of the world is lightyears away from cherrypicking a blown up jr LW in marquez and still missing weight and showing up 160 on fight night

i think floyd would walk martinez down and land the right hand
          i'd actaully pick him to win on points, and i've been saying this since he fought ortiz and the fight became concievable

floyd can get plenty of credit here. his stock already seems to be at least as high as it's ever been
          and he's fighting a guy who wont command serious cash for his own purse, who can generate some serious buzz, especially among boxing people

sergio is also an easy sell. in my opinion (other than his promotor,) it's the fact that he doesnt speak english that is holding him back
          he'd play the perfect handsome good guy to floyd's handsome devil
          Floyd has never been close to being 160 on the night , you kids throw some BS around trying to make fact out of unsubstantiated forum chatter .

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
            Thats right Floyd drain'em down to your preference. Dont fight him in his stronger weight. SM is looking for a pay day cant blame him their. Beat is as$ SM
            dude Manny fought 3 of his last 5 times at catchweight and he is trying to get Cotto at 147

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
              Thats right Floyd drain'em down to your preference. Dont fight him in his stronger weight. SM is looking for a pay day cant blame him their. Beat is as$ SM
              a ******* complaining about catch-weights ?? smh

Comment

funny contradictions... Just a bit ago another article said that if he were to fight Cotto that it wouldn't be a any catchweight because he likes to fight people at the weight they are comfortable in( completely ignoring how he did to JMM) and now he says that a 150lbs for Martinez would be fine....

Mayweather seems to be talking a lot of BS as of late and the masses seem to be eating it all up. Again, the guy talks too much, does too little. As always

Comment

While I really want to see this fight, I'd feel bad for Macklin if the fight was cancelled. Plus a lot of people probably bought their tickets already. That would suck.

while i dont think there's an iceberg's chance in hell of martinez accepting a fight anywhere close to 150 i'm still pleased to hear this sort of rhetoric from floyd
                  A 150 catchweight is what Martinez specifically offered to Floyd though. Of course he'll take it.

Comment

he sounds like he's interested in kicking the maximum amount of ass again

the MW champion of the world is lightyears away from cherrypicking a blown up jr LW in marquez and still missing weight and showing up 160 on fight night

i think floyd would walk martinez down and land the right hand
                    i'd actaully pick him to win on points, and i've been saying this since he fought ortiz and the fight became concievable

floyd can get plenty of credit here. his stock already seems to be at least as high as it's ever been
                    and he's fighting a guy who wont command serious cash for his own purse, who can generate some serious buzz, especially among boxing people

sergio is also an easy sell. in my opinion (other than his promotor,) it's the fact that he doesnt speak english that is holding him back
                    he'd play the perfect handsome good guy to floyd's handsome devil
                    Martinez said he'd fight pacquio or mayweather at 152. I'll bet he'll be sorely tempted here. I'd love to see this fight. Much better fight in my opinion that Pacquiao-Mayweather.

Comment

how can anyone hate 'this' floyd mayweather....

if you're a genuine boxing fan.... it's impossible....

only pacquiao nuthuggers who obviously aren't boxing fans could criticise the things floyd's been saying as of late....

he wants pacquiao.... and if that's not a possibility, he'll give the 3rd best p4p fighter around a fight.... what more could boxing fans ask for?

floyd's too small for 150, and if martinez is willing to drop to 150 what's the big deal?

Comment

Working...
                      X