No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Klitschko-Fury Canvas Controversy Surfaces On Fight Day

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
    Klitschko should have stood his ground. The original canvas was the same as in the ring in Klitschko's training camp. Now he'll be on a canvas he's not used to. Older knees need a more padded canvas.

https://twitter.com/InstantBoxing/st...44380903063552
    Gotta respect Wlad for just getting on with it.

Cant wait till he beats Fury. He's just irritating now with all his complaints and threats.

Comment

• You know what I've complimented Wlads class and criticised Fury this week. It would be easy for ppl to hear this news and think it's Fury playing games.

But you can see in that video the amount of foam under the ring, and his feet sinking into it. That is not a normal ring and it should be looked into how putting that many sheets of foam on came about. Shady stuff there.

Comment

• That's a freaking shame. Seems to be sorted out now, good thing team Fury are on top of their game

Comment

• Originally posted by The Noose View Post
          Gotta respect Wlad for just getting on with it.

Cant wait till he beats Fury. He's just irritating now with all his complaints and threats.
          Yes, he's showing he's no ring warrior.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul Bunyan View Post
            But their both fighting on the same canvas. All you idiots calling this a dirty tactic are fu*king sheep. There is no advantage for Wlad. Deal with it, they're excuses.
            Did I say anything about it being a dirty tactic?? Read the ****ing msg 1st....
            I said it's a health and safety issue, not dirty trick...
            And if wlad has been traning on mats and has had this canvas before and no other fighter has gone to inspect the ring before, then yea it would be an advantage as one boxer is used to hard a flat surface,
            Either way it is a health and safety issue,and they were right to address it.
            So get back in your box,or come back with something reasonable to say

Comment

• I have helped set up rings before. Is that just 5he foam or the canvas a s well? If just foam the canvas will be tight and firm that up.

Originally posted by ukalltheway View Post
              Jesus

What a joke

Comment

• Ah well sorted know. That ring was clearly a joke though. Looked like gym mats.

Fury's team had to cause a storm about that. It wasn't right.

Comment

• Fury is an idiot but he is 100% right on this one!

Comment

• How do people have a go at Fury for lodging a complaint? That ring clearly wasn't fit for purpose. You dont fight for the world heavyweight championship on a mattress.

Comment

• Do the conspiracy theorists realize that Klitschko would have to use the ring as well? I don't see how it's "dirty tactics" on Klitschko's part. If it's considered unacceptable and dangerous to one fighter, the same applies to the other... Someone probably made a mistake.

Comment

Working...
                      X