No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Glen Tapia: People Can’t Count Cotto Out, He Can Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Glen Tapia: People Can’t Count Cotto Out, He Can Win

Glen Tapia understands some of the skepticism surrounding Miguel Cotto’s competition during his three-fight winning streak since he began working with trainer Freddie Roach.

But Tapia just spent seven weeks as Cotto’s primary sparring partner at Roach’s famed Wild Card Boxing Club in Hollywood, California. The middleweight from Passaic, N.J., knows how the 35-year-old Cotto prepared for his middleweight showdown with Canelo Alvarez (45-1-1, 32 KOs) as well as anyone, and Tapia thinks Cotto can pull off an upset Saturday night at Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas (HBO Pay-Per-View; $59.99-$69.99).
    [Click Here To Read More]

I'm a Cotto fan but I must admit Tapia doesn't sound very convincing. It almost comes off like he's trying to convince himself that Cotto has a shot because he has time invested in Cotto's preparation. Just saying

Comment

He doesn't need to convince you just watch the 24/7 episodes or if you followed cotto on IG and fb you can see he was putting everything into this fight he is hungry and wants this win for legacy

Comment

Glen got destroyed by Kirkland and was able to bruise up cotton. Wtf is Nelo gonna do to him

Comment

I don't know why Cotto is the under dog here

The way I see it it's a 50/50 fight. Can't wait

Comment

I dont think anyone is counting Cotto out. You gotta be a fool to do so.

Comment

Who is counting Cotto out?

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
                He doesn't need to convince you just watch the 24/7 episodes or if you followed cotto on IG and fb you can see he was putting everything into this fight he is hungry and wants this win for legacy
                I was just making an observation about Tapias comments. I am rooting for Cotto and I believe he can win. It will be a tough one but Cotto will be the victor in this fight.

Comment

Chuckynelo fans are fools, they think cotto is going to brawl with him. Cotto will box canelo moving in and out he doesn't have the ring movement like Mayweather or pacquiao but he can box, he can cut the ring well. Chuckynelo is just a hard hitter with good hadnspeed and poor stamina, and yes cotto defense is poor but canelo take a lot of shots too, just see the mayweather fight and see how floyd connected all those uppercuts to the face. one last thing i searched for canelo photos in other fights and i compared with yesterday weight in and i see nelo thinner. Cotto TKO 8 to 10
                  Last edited by SugaROIDS; 11-21-2015, 03:24 PM.

Comment

While I do have Canelo winning by KO I do not in any way count Cotto out. His footwork is better and so is his jab. Even in he losses to Margs, Pac and Floyd he was still able to do damage. I'll have to watch the Trout fight again to see what he did there. Bottom line is that if Cotto wins I won't be surprised.

Comment

Working...
                    X