Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody Read The Ring's Article On David Reid?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody Read The Ring's Article On David Reid?

I just happened to see the article and read it....how depressing. Reid's a recluse that does nothing but read.

He nearly died in 2005 when, in one of Michigan's hottest summers, he sat in his car with all the windows up reading a book. He didn't realise the heat was killing him. He went to hospital and is now on medication for depression.

He doesn't like people looking at him because of his eye and he trusts no one, going as far to not talking to anybody.

For me it's like...how can a former world champion and Olympic champion be living like this. I always liked him and was just thinking about him yesterday. I hope he finds peace and such. 38 years old and lives as a recluse...very sad.

wow thats sad, I remmember alot of people calling him the next Roy Jones, The American Dream David Reid.

Comment

Yes I read it last night. Very sad story.

In a field with Tarver, Floyd and Fernando Vargad, David Reid was the one that took home the gold. Unfortunately his eye issue prevented him from having a productive career in boxing.

Comment

Some people just give up. Hopefully, he recovers and realizes he's got more than others much less fortunate then he.

Comment

Sad story, hopefully he gets better.

Unfortunately he might be brain damaged, and there's only so much you can do regarding brain trauma.

Comment

Working...
          X