Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many consecutive HW Roy Joneses will it take to get through Lennox's resume?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boxingenius002 View Post
    Can't do it. They would recoop after beating roy easy every week, unless they are aging it won't happen. If the fights were right after each other, then he would get it done.
    No... I disagree. Maybe recoup after the 1st week (1st Roy) but you fighting EVERY SINGLE WEEK against a talent like Roy Jones? It will eventually catch up.

Let's just use Tua as a example:

1st Roy to fight Tua (40th Roy overall or whatever) gets knocked out within a few rounds.. but Tua will probably still take some hits and those few rounds still do count..... 2nd Roy to fight Tua.. does slightly better. last a bit longer, hit Tua a bit more.. 3rd Roy 4th Roy 5th Roy.. by than Tua is fighting for the 5TH TIME against a FRESH ROY JONES for the 5th week in a row..... the wear and tear WILL SHOW. It's absurd to say that he can 'recoup' 5 times in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
      Best thread in weeks. Green k and Id say no more than 5 Roys dispatch Vitali.
      I think it would take at least 2 Roy's per round to last 12 rounds against a 2003 version of Vitali Klitschko. That's a total of 24 Roy's.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
        I think it would take at least 2 Roy's per round to last 12 rounds against a 2003 version of Vitali Klitschko. That's a total of 24 Roy's.
        I don't know about that... Vitali's power is honestly a bit over rated. Lewis did not have the best chin and he was eating Vitali's shots with his face.. Briggs who was destroyed by Lewis during Brigg's Prime lasted 12 against Vitali. I think Vitali's power is accumulation and to wear you down.not the combination/1 punch KO power of Lewis/Wlad/Tyson/Foreman.. in that case.. Roy have a very good chance of taking it past 6... which is vital since we are now wearing out Vitali..

If 2 Roys can take Vitali 12 rounds? That's quite a bit of wear and tear on Vitali's fragile body.

I agree with the poster Mannie's assessment of around a half dozen Roys. I think the 6th or 7th Roy will eventually TKO a very tired Vitali (since this will be Vitali's 6/7th fight in as many weeks)..

Comment

Originally posted by RoyJonesfan View Post
          I don't know about that... Vitali's power is honestly a bit over rated. Lewis did not have the best chin and he was eating Vitali's shots with his face.. Briggs who was destroyed by Lewis during Brigg's Prime lasted 12 against Vitali. I think Vitali's power is accumulation and to wear you down.not the combination/1 punch KO power of Lewis/Wlad/Tyson/Foreman.. in that case.. Roy have a very good chance of taking it past 6... which is vital since we are now wearing out Vitali..

If 2 Roys can take Vitali 12 rounds? That's quite a bit of wear and tear on Vitali's fragile body.

I agree with the poster Mannie's assessment of around a half dozen Roys. I think the 6th or 7th Roy will eventually TKO a very tired Vitali (since this will be Vitali's 6/7th fight in as many weeks)..
          I get what you're saying but there's a lot more to what went on that didn't meet the eye face value.

1) Lewis may have took Vitali's shots but he was noticeably staggered a few times and was showing much wear and tear on his face as well, probably more than he has ever received before. Vitali is has the highest KO ratio in the last 50 years of heavyweight champions and is 2nd all time. His power is not over rated, ask Solis or Kirk Johnson.

2) Shannon Briggs weighed about 40 lbs. more in pure muscle than when Lennox knocked him out. With that extra weight, it saved him from being knocked out by Vitali but as you see it didn't prevent him from getting a skull fracture that caused his retirement.

Comment

READ CAREFULLY

Assuming we can churn out the Roy Jones who fought Ruiz over and over again and pit them against Lennox's resume (at the time Lewis fought them).

Now every time Roy loses, the current Roy vanishes and we have to use a new Roy. How many Roy Jones will it take to get through Lennox's resume?

Roy DO NOT HAVE TO start over every time he lose. The new Roy starts at the fighter the former Roy lost to.

Example: If the 1st Roy loses at Ruddock, the new Roy STARTS at Ruddock and no longer have to start at Al Malcolm(Lewis's debut)

The catch is that Ruddock will still suffer the same wear and tear he sustained against the last Roy. So it's basically a fresh Roy vs a Ruddock who already fought the last Roy.

The fighters on Lewis's resume gets ONE WEEK REST prior to fighting the new Roy.

Lennox's Resume:

Notable fights: (In order)
            Calvin Jones
            Dan Murphy
            Jean Maurice Chanet
            Gary Mason
            Mike Weaver
            Glenn McCrory
            Tyrell Biggs
            Levi Billiups
            Derek Williams
            Mike Dixon
            Razer Ruddock
            Tony Tucker
            Frank Bruno
            Phil Jackson
            Oliver Mccall
            Lionel Butler
            Tommy Morrison
            Ray Mercer
            Oliver Mccall
            Henry Akinwande
            Andrew Golota
            Shannon Briggs
            Zeljko Mavrovic
            Evander Holyfield
            Evander Holyfield
            Michael Grant
            Frans Botha
            David Tua
            Hasim Rahman
            Hasim Rahman
            Mike Tyson
            Vitali Klitschko
            any of those guys with power starch little roy. roy was smart in facing ruiz who was a perfect style matchup and then getting out of the division. he didnt have the frame or chin to stand in there with a big punching heavyweight. there's just no way

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
              I get what you're saying but there's a lot more to what went on that didn't meet the eye face value.

1) Lewis may have took Vitali's shots but he was noticeably staggered a few times and was showing much wear and tear on his face as well, probably more than he has ever received before. Vitali is has the highest KO ratio in the last 50 years of heavyweight champions and is 2nd all time. His power is not over rated, ask Solis or Kirk Johnson.

2) Shannon Briggs weighed about 40 lbs. more in pure muscle than when Lennox knocked him out. With that extra weight, it saved him from being knocked out by Vitali but as you see it didn't prevent him from getting a skull fracture that caused his retirement.
              I agree with most of what you said.. but I disagree that Brigg's added pounds gave him a better chin. That's absurd.. some of the more famous weak chinned fighters are all bigger guys.... Lewis/Wlad are both 240+ and they both have questionable chins to a extent. Audley Harrison have one of the worst chins in history and he's 250+ etc...

Tye Fields... etc

I do think Vitali got good power.. I just don't think he got enough power to blow Roy out in 1 round. I feel like Roy will take Vitali 4-6 rounds to dispatch.. and in that case ... a total of 6/7 Roys is enough to eventually wear Vitali out .... At best maybe Vitali shows great heart and take out Roy #7 and Roy #8 .. but by Roy #9.. he will be so tired and worn out.. he might not even be fully able to comprehend the punches coming in...

Comment

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
                any of those guys with power starch little roy. roy was smart in facing ruiz who was a perfect style matchup and then getting out of the division. he didnt have the frame or chin to stand in there with a big punching heavyweight. there's just no way
                I disagree.. will they starch the 1ST ROY? Definitely.. but what about Roy #8 or Roy #10? Eventually a Roy will get through. It's mathematics...

A lion will kill a jackal.. but if that lion only get a few hours rest in between each jackal..... eventually one jackal will end up killing the lion..

And Roy is no jackal.. he's more like a weak chinned Hyena.

Comment

I gotta say... I really love this thread. It's twisted genius.

Comment

I think the 1st fighter to stop the 1st Roy will be Gary Mason. I feel like Mason will catch Roy with something big later on in the fight and end the 1st Roy's run.

That being said the damage sustained from fighting Roy #1 will play a huge factor against Roy #2.. and I see Roy #2 cruising to a easy UD against Mason and advancing.
                    Actually laughed.

Comment

I agree with most of what you said.. but I disagree that Brigg's added pounds gave him a better chin. That's absurd.. some of the more famous weak chinned fighters are all bigger guys.... Lewis/Wlad are both 240+ and they both have questionable chins to a extent. Audley Harrison have one of the worst chins in history and he's 250+ etc...

Tye Fields... etc

I do think Vitali got good power.. I just don't think he got enough power to blow Roy out in 1 round. I feel like Roy will take Vitali 4-6 rounds to dispatch.. and in that case ... a total of 6/7 Roys is enough to eventually wear Vitali out .... At best maybe Vitali shows great heart and take out Roy #7 and Roy #8 .. but by Roy #9.. he will be so tired and worn out.. he might not even be fully able to comprehend the punches coming in...
                      What can't you understand that extra weight adds punch resistance, especially muscle around the head, neck and shoulder area. Briggs was an absolute muscle monster when Vitali fought him at 262 lbs. That's the only reason he lasted long enough to get a skull fracture. Lennox didn't fracture his head and put him in a hospital for a week when he weighed 228 lbs.

You sound like a troll here bro. Roy got stunned once by John Ruiz. What do you think Vitali would do to him?

Vitali would literally knock him out even while he was blocking.

I'm done here.

Comment

Working...
                      X