Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Malignaggi Rips Ricky Hatton Over Excuses, Stupidity

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like Paulie but to say he only lost to Hatton because of his trainer is stupid.
    I think he can see the Hatton rematch being a real possibilty and a big pay day, so he's trying a little trash talk to get the fight signed and sealed.

Comment

I do believe Paulie when he says Buddy was a bad fit for him in that fight and its possible he may have had an off night or whatever. However, the main problem in that fight for him was Hatton's ability to close the distance with his footspeed, PM couldn't get enough room to get his jab and combinations working to full effect and I don't think he anticipated quite how good at that Hatton was. If I recall, he was saying before the fight about it becoming a 'wrestling match' unless the ref stamped his authority and he ended up holding more than Hatton!

I'd expect a rematch to be a much closer contested fight, but much of the outcome would depend on Hatton's punch resistance and footspeed as Paulie's legs appear much stronger at 147 and I don't see any age related decline in him just yet.

Comment

Is eric brown that blind ******ed homeless guy? Or was that someone else at Wild Card?

Comment

Malignaggi has continually spoken about wanting to fight Hatton, Hatton has continually been non-commital, yet Paulie seems to think all of Hatton's recent decisions are based around him.

Silly to read him blame his trainer for a defeat and then criticise Hatton for blaming his trainer for a defeat.

I don't dislike Paulie but he has a habit of saying annoying things.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
            Malignaggi has continually spoken about wanting to fight Hatton, Hatton has continually been non-commital, yet Paulie seems to think all of Hatton's recent decisions are based around him.

Silly to read him blame his trainer for a defeat and then criticise Hatton for blaming his trainer for a defeat.

I don't dislike Paulie but he has a habit of saying annoying things.

How can you not dislike him? He´s a friggin guido for crying out loud!

Comment

''The Hitman holds a 2011 TKO victory over Malignaggi''..... Come again.

Comment

It's typical Paulie, he's just trying to put a bit of needle into things, and wind Hatton (and his fans)up. No biggie, I imagine Hatton's up for the rematch, and if this moves things in that direction then good on him.

People get very upset by Paulie, don't know why, he's always been the same. Hatton will do him again.

Comment

Originally posted by chrismart83 View Post
                  I like Paulie but to say he only lost to Hatton because of his trainer is stupid.
                  I think he can see the Hatton rematch being a real possibilty and a big pay day, so he's trying a little trash talk to get the fight signed and sealed.
                  This. He'd be daft not to take this fight if Hatton wants it. It's a chance to avenge the loss that bothered him the most in his career against a Hatton who is probably going to be nowhere near as good as he was. And it'll be the biggest payday he could get.

Comment

Does anyone else do a Paulie accent in their head when they read one of his quotes?! I do for some reason!!

Comment

Paulie is garbage who got his whooped by glass chin amir khan. He wins a world title and now hethinks hes elite. Or should i say a "future legend" lmao.

Comment

Working...
                      X