No announcement yet.

Quartey vs. Trinidad

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quartey vs. Trinidad

Ok there are a bunch of good fights I thought Quartey would have done well in. One fight that I thought should have been made with is Trinidad. I thought DLH lost that fight, even to this day, in fact when I rewatched it recently I found it ridiculous and a gift. Quartey won 7-5.

We have all learned that Trinidad has problems with a good jab and tight defense(Winky Wright). Quartey had one of the better jabs I have seen from my lifetime(I am a young buck). His jab physically hurt fighters at 147. He also hid behind his defense really well early on(pre-DLH). He had nasty power in both hands, I have seen him knock down fighters with either hand. He dropped DLH with his left hook. His chin was solid(I'd say his arrogance got him hurt a lot), he would get knocked down. I never seen him have to genuinely hang on except when he was exhausted. His stamina wasn't great. It was good till a couple of fights before DLH.

We all know Trinidad, was a decent boxer, with devastating power. Best power pound for pound in my lifetime. His left hook crushed people. His jab was solid, chin was strong, I did see him dinged from a prime Vargas(I do me Prime as short as that was). Trinidad got a some what dinged Vargas from a war with Quartey. His stamina was awesome.

What do you guys think about a prime Quartey vs. Trinidad?

I'd say Quartey could win a fight against him, not necessarily will though. Quartey had all the tools to win with his jab and tight defense. Enough power to stall Tito. He had solid speed and footwork. At any which rate it would be a hell of a fight I think.
    Last edited by poeticlsykuac; 09-07-2008, 04:16 AM.

I think Quartey could have won a decision because of his jab, Trinidad always had problems with strong, stiff jabs because of how much weight he puts on his front foot but Trinidad would always have a chance to knock Quartey out because he's a very big puncher and he also has very good timing so he could possibly time and counter Quartey's jab similar to what Jose Luis Lopez was able to do.

Comment

Originally posted by poeticlsykuac View Post
      Ok there are a bunch of good fights I thought Quartey would have done well in. One fight that I thought should have been made with is Trinidad. I thought DLH lost that fight, even to this day, in fact when I rewatched it recently I found it ridiculous and a gift. Quartey won 7-5.

We have all learned that Trinidad has problems with a good jab and tight defense(Winky Wright). Quartey had one of the better jabs I have seen from my lifetime(I am a young buck). His jab physically hurt fighters at 147. He also hid behind his defense really well early on(pre-DLH). He had nasty power in both hands, I have seen him knock down fighters with either hand. He dropped DLH with his left hook. His chin was solid(I'd say his arrogance got him hurt a lot), he would get knocked down. I never seen him have to genuinely hang on except when he was exhausted. His stamina wasn't great. It was good till a couple of fights before DLH.

We all know Trinidad, was a decent boxer, with devastating power. Best power pound for pound in my lifetime. His left hook crushed people. His jab was solid, chin was strong, I did see him dinged from a prime Vargas(I do me Prime as short as that was). Trinidad got a some what dinged Vargas from a war with Quartey. His stamina was awesome.

What do you guys think about a prime Quartey vs. Trinidad?

I'd say Quartey could win a fight against him, not necessarily will though. Quartey had all the tools to win with his jab and tight defense. Enough power to stall Tito. He had solid speed and footwork. At any which rate it would be a hell of a fight I think.
      YEAH JUST LIKE DLH GOT A "SOME WHAT DINGED VARGAS AFTER TITO MOPED THE RING 5 TIMES WITH HIM"

Comment

Originally posted by gibo View Post
        YEAH JUST LIKE DLH GOT A "SOME WHAT DINGED VARGAS AFTER TITO MOPED THE RING 5 TIMES WITH HIM"
        Thanks for yelling, I fail to see how this pertains to the topic. We are comparing Quartey to Trinidad.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
          I think Quartey could have won a decision because of his jab, Trinidad always had problems with strong, stiff jabs because of how much weight he puts on his front foot but Trinidad would always have a chance to knock Quartey out because he's a very big puncher and he also has very good timing so he could possibly time and counter Quartey's jab similar to what Jose Luis Lopez was able to do.
          That's how I think, but I know a big Tito fan is going to say some **** like no contest. But prime Quartey was a very dangerous fighter. Outside the Vargas fight, all of his fights are arguable. I agree that his jab would have gave Trinidad fits, who knows whether Quartey could have lasted the fight without getting timed.

Comment

Prime Ike Quartey was very good. But he lost his biggest fights. It only speaks to what DLH was in his prime. He soaked up everything he had to offer and then went on to throw everything he had at him. Next fight Vargas did the same. This prime Quartey was great stuff is a myth. He had his chance and lost.

Comment

Originally posted by poeticlsykuac View Post
              That's how I think, but I know a big Tito fan is going to say some **** like no contest. But prime Quartey was a very dangerous fighter. Outside the Vargas fight, all of his fights are arguable. I agree that his jab would have gave Trinidad fits, who knows whether Quartey could have lasted the fight without getting timed.
              Yeah, a focused and in shape Quartey was a very, very good fighter, I'm not sure either if he could have lasted the fight without being timed by Trinidad.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstar View Post
                Prime Ike Quartey was very good. But he lost his biggest fights. It only speaks to what DLH was in his prime. He soaked up everything he had to offer and then went on to throw everything he had at him. Next fight Vargas did the same. This prime Quartey was great stuff is a myth. He had his chance and lost.
                DLH lost that fight, I watched that fight and Quartey controlled the majority of the fight. I watched him fight a bunch, you need to re watch(or just watch) some fights, Quartey gave Vargas, Forrest(out of prime Quartey), and DLH fits for a reason. I'd say the only fight that he clearly lost was Vargas(Prime undefeated). He was a awesome fighter in shape and focused. Go study boxing you may learn something.

Comment

Working...
                X