Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andrew Luck is the most overrated player in the NFL right now.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andrew Luck is the most overrated player in the NFL right now.....

Seriously.......all I hear about during the draft is how none of those QB's are going to be sure fire great players like Andrew Luck is, Lucks up for the Madden cover, and the general consensus seems to be that Luck is already "elite" at the QB position in the NFL.....what a bunch of bull****.

Not to say Andrew Luck sucks, but his first two years he's just been pretty solid, not spectacular, great, or really good by any means. His QB Rating is about equal to someone like Tannehill for crying out loud. Luck for sure has room to grow and may go on to do great things, and become a future HOF player, but pump the breaks. I feel like his first two years everyone's already crowned Luck at some "great" QB, I can name 10 QB's I'd take right now I'd take over Luck in terms of level of play last few seasons......

Peyton Manning
    Tom Brady
    Ben Roethlisberger
    Aaron Rodgers
    Drew Brees
    Russell Wilson
    Phillip Rivers
    Tony Romo
    Cam Newton
    Colin Kaepernick

All are currently better QB's than Luck. So what is it with the love affair for Andrew Luck???

He's made 2 Pro Bowls in 2 years, with a QB rating of 81.5

Big Ben has made only 2 Pro Bowls in 10 years, with a career rating of 92.6, which is Top 10 All Time, talk about getting snubbed over and over.

Newton, though also a little overrated with 2 Pro Bowls already, has a QBR of 86.4

Kaepernick, another one snubbed, 0 Pro Bowls with a QBR of 93 so far

The rest also have much higher QBR's than Andrew Luck, so why is Luck being mentioned with guys that don't have rings like Rivers, Romo, Newton, Kaepernick.....let alone guys that have rings in Manning, Brady, Big Ben, Rodgers, Brees, and now Wilson???
    Yes, he's a middle of the pack guy getting hyped
    26.32%
    No, he's legit and one of the best handful of QB's in the NFL
    36.84%
    He's rated just right, he's a Top 10 QB in the NFL right now
    36.84%

The poll is expired.

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
    Seriously.......all I hear about during the draft is how none of those QB's are going to be sure fire great players like Andrew Luck is, Lucks up for the Madden cover, and the general consensus seems to be that Luck is already "elite" at the QB position in the NFL.....what a bunch of bull****.

Not to say Andrew Luck sucks, but his first two years he's just been pretty solid, not spectacular, great, or really good by any means. His QB Rating is about equal to someone like Tannehill for crying out loud. Luck for sure has room to grow and may go on to do great things, and become a future HOF player, but pump the breaks. I feel like his first two years everyone's already crowned Luck at some "great" QB, I can name 10 QB's I'd take right now I'd take over Luck in terms of level of play last few seasons......

Peyton Manning
    Tom Brady
    Ben Roethlisberger
    Aaron Rodgers
    Drew Brees
    Russell Wilson
    Phillip Rivers
    Tony Romo
    Cam Newton
    Colin Kaepernick

All are currently better QB's than Luck. So what is it with the love affair for Andrew Luck???

He's made 2 Pro Bowls in 2 years, with a QB rating of 81.5

Big Ben has made only 2 Pro Bowls in 10 years, with a career rating of 92.6, which is Top 10 All Time, talk about getting snubbed over and over.

Newton, though also a little overrated with 2 Pro Bowls already, has a QBR of 86.4

Kaepernick, another one snubbed, 0 Pro Bowls with a QBR of 93 so far

The rest also have much higher QBR's than Andrew Luck, so why is Luck being mentioned with guys that don't have rings like Rivers, Romo, Newton, Kaepernick.....let alone guys that have rings in Manning, Brady, Big Ben, Rodgers, Brees, and now Wilson???
    no, no, no, no and no.

Comment

I'd take him over Wilson, Kaep, Rapelisberger, Rivers, and Romo.

Comment

IMO, there's 5 levels of starting QB's in the NFL....

The "ELITE", the guys that carry the team week in week out

Manning
        Brady
        Rodgers
        Roethlisberger
        Brees

The REAL GOOD, not quite best of the best though

Rivers
        Wilson
        Newton
        Romo (regular season #'s good enough to warrant Top 10)
        Kaepernick
        Foles (one good year, need to see more though)

The GOOD, SOLID

Luck
        Flacco (overrated too, can't believe this guy won a ring)
        Dalton
        Cutler
        E Manning (one of the worst QB's to win 2 SB's easily)
        Stafford
        Ryan

The DECENT, ALRIGHT

Tannehill
        Bradford
        A Smith
        Palmer
        Griffin III (good rookie season, bad sop****re)

The NOT VERY GOOD

Ponder
        G Smith
        Pryor
        Henne

Comment

Luck is crap..

So is Romo.

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
            no, no, no, no and no.
            Lifetiem QBR well into the 90's, even if in the playoffs he's not that great. Rivers is the same way.

Comment

The most overrated is Foles and I'm an eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                I'd take him over Wilson, Kaep, Rapelisberger, Rivers, and Romo.
                Wilson superior rating, and won a ring. Kaepernick way superior numbers, and went deep into the playoffs twice now. Roethlisberger has a Top 10 QBR All Time......won 2 rings, made another appearance. Rivers and Romo are similar, not that great in the playoffs, but their regular seasons are good enough year in year out to warrant places above Luck.

Luck has middle of the pack #'s, and hasn't done much in the playoffs aside from that comeback where he threw the 3 INT's to get them into the whole, then threw 4 more INT's and got killed by NE. He's 6 TD's/8 INT's in 3 playoff games, rating in the low 70's.

God damn, some of these posts are proving what I'm saying. Dude is way over hyped.
                Last edited by 4Corners; 05-19-2014, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shambrolic View Post
                  The most overrated is Foles and I'm an eagles fan.
                  Hard to judge because it was just one year, but it was an incredible year. Let's see what he does this year.

Comment

Foles has an offensive line that can rival Brady's and Mannings. Did you watch any of the games, he literally have on average 8 seconds in the pocket. He also had weapons that can spread the field like Desean Jak and McCoy. Also he got on the softest run of opponents... He has more luck than anything.

Comment

Working...
                    X