No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bob Arum: Manny Pacquiao Showed Great Deal of Rust

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tlarry View Post
    Don't worry about Pacquiao. It hasn't been that long since Arum and the Nevada Boxing Commission, defrauded Pacquiao of his title with the fix favoring Bradley. Marquez hasn't fought in over a year, and he's 40 years old. He'll be rusty, and like we always see, they get old, in one fight, right before our eyes. Pacquiao looked the best he's looked since Margarito, when he chased Bradley all over the ring beating the crap out of him. Manny took no punishment that fight. He'll be very sharp on fight night. Arum can say whatever he wants. He's all about controversy; that makes him money. Manny will stop JMM inside 5 rounds.
    Bradley won that fight. Pacquiao is the magazine champion. Money May is the best in the world. Deal with it.

Comment

Man listen..lol..I'll wait to see freddies face at the first interview he does after camp starts..his face gives it all away..you saw in for the last training camp, the one for chavez..so it'll be there this time..if he's happy you know pacquaio is wrecking hell in camp..if he's not..then arum isn't lying.

Comment

Originally posted by Deeznuts View Post
        Arum trying to get some interest in the fight. Seen this all before "Manny is distracted, got dropped in sparring...bla bla, nobody wants to pay for that garbage
        Man, the media spin around this dude is ****ing absurd. Before the last fight with JMM, it was all "Pac is looking better than he ever has in his entire career! First round KO", "Pac is taking training more seriously than ever before, I've never seen him look better or more determined. Easy win" and then after the fight "Oh, he was distracted and had his knickers in a knot", "His training wasn't so good after all and ahhh, errr, he was getting ahhh, cramps".

Such BS. The guy got beaten by a 40 year old lightweight moving up two divisions to 147. I think Juan's age will finally catch up with him this fight though. Pac is still young, Juan is ****ing ancient.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Alpha View Post
          This is true, and Pac got screwed in the scorecards. If arum says something negative about Pac, it is like conditioning the minds of the fans. I see a pattern here and I think Pac will get screwed again if the fight goes to the scorecards.
          You mean like Marquez has the last two times they've fought?

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
            You mean like Marquez has the last two times they've fought?
            STHU with that robbery BS... Marquez has lost every close fight he has ever had, why??? Because his style... Same with this fight, if he waits for the right counterpunch and fights on his heels for 12 then yeah that looks bad. The only and I mean ONLY fight JMM ever got robbed in was against Chris John and he never made a stink about that fight afterwards... Bob's perception is like a rollercoaster when it comes to Pac. It's up it's down but JMM will get beat this time like the other three.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
              arum might just be using some psych war to get marquez over confident.

Comment

Bob Arum is right for the first time. :-)

Comment

Anyone is going to look rusty in their first sparring session since a layoff. This is news?

Comment

Originally posted by PacmanP4PLegend View Post
                    STHU with that robbery BS... Marquez has lost every close fight he has ever had, why??? Because his style... Same with this fight, if he waits for the right counterpunch and fights on his heels for 12 then yeah that looks bad. The only and I mean ONLY fight JMM ever got robbed in was against Chris John and he never made a stink about that fight afterwards... Bob's perception is like a rollercoaster when it comes to Pac. It's up it's down but JMM will get beat this time like the other three.
                    How does counter punching look bad? Not all boxers are come-foward-club-wielding-cavemen. I'm not saying pacquiao is a bad fighter, he's great. But against Marquez, his aggressiveness gets neutralized easily, it's almost a stalemate every time. Marquez not only fights off his heels but comes back with a fury of combos to get excited about, yet he doesn't get much credit for being able to do that, but pacquiao does for coming forward with the left hand every time.... Hmmmm. Nevertheless, while I do believe Marquez won the 2nd and 3rd fight, I also understand they were close fights and that glory usually goes to the money-making-fan-favorite-style. Which shouldn't be, but that's boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                      Man, the media spin around this dude is ****ing absurd. Before the last fight with JMM, it was all "Pac is looking better than he ever has in his entire career! First round KO", "Pac is taking training more seriously than ever before, I've never seen him look better or more determined. Easy win" and then after the fight "Oh, he was distracted and had his knickers in a knot", "His training wasn't so good after all and ahhh, errr, he was getting ahhh, cramps".

Such BS. The guy got beaten by a 40 year old lightweight moving up two divisions to 147. I think Juan's age will finally catch up with him this fight though. Pac is still young, Juan is ****ing ancient.
                      I agree, my friend. Maybe Juan has discovered the Fountain of Youth but I think what's more likely is, we witnessed a great fighter give his one last great performance against Pacquiao the third time. It'll be very difficult for him to muster that sort of intensity and motivation again. He's already halfway retired with the TV gig.

As for Pacquiao, who knows, as you say. It's always one thing or another. What we do know is that while this fight is likable to fans of both, and should do decent numbers at the box office, it really isn't as impressive as facing Bradley again, for starters. Yes, we know the judge and jury have tried the first fight, declared Pacquiao winner by blowout and pooh-poohed talks of a rematch. But those who watched without Manny's nuts blocking their vision think otherwise and that's the fight I wish was made. Whatever. I've adjusted to becoming continually underwhelmed by the sport's big names.

Comment

Working...
                      X