Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is a better counter puncher? Mayweather or Marquez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I chose JMM cause I hate Mayweather!!!! No but seriouosly i chose JMM because he counters with combos not one punch..Thats why people find Mayweather boring..Counters with one punch and if he misses he clinches cause he closes the gap so fast. To each is own I say.

Comment

Pure counter punching? Marquez.

Floyd has much better reflexes, handspeed and defence.

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
        lol...you voted for floyd but you admitted that you think jmm is a better pure counterpuncher which is what the ts is simply asking.....so you voted for floyd only becuase you like him just like you claim others voted againts floyd becuase they hate him....lol
        No man, I said counter punching and defense go hand in the hand. The fact that Mayweather can make his opponents miss, counter and then quickly get out of harms way counts for something. Right after Mayweather counters he's quick to shorten the gap (Giving his opponents little room to punch), tie his man up or turn them, Mayweather does this better then Marquez. What Marquez does better is that he counters with combinations.

Comment

Ok people the question was who is the better counter puncher not who i's ducking who or pacquiao vs jmm
          Ok strictly who i's a better counter puncher i's hands down mayweather and he showed that against Marquez when they fought

Mayweather can hit so fast af get out of the way jmm counter punches but has been proven he gets knocked down when he does that and mayweather doesn't so my pick i's mayweather
          And I'm not bias to no boxer I love boxing it doesn't matter who

Comment

Marquez may counter with a lot of punches, but his opponents don't freeze up the way Floyd's potshotted victims do. Floyd's quality > Juan's quantity.

Comment

Mayweather is so refined and clean with his counters I have to vote for him. I know he throws 1 and 2 punches at a time but he's so smooth with it he never looks uncomposed or ragged with his counters, whereas, as much as I love him JMM tends to get sucked into brawls and gets hit too often when trying to counter for him to be better than Floyd at it.

The combination thing doesn't seem to hurt Floyd as he tends to make his opponents gun shy with his sharp 1 and 2 punch counters anyway.

Comment

Working...
              X