Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Mayweather vs Broner Will Never Happen Right...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It might happen. He said he wouldn't fight Danny Garcia but in an interview after the Rees fight he said he "wants his belt and he'll fight whoever has it at the time" but he insisted he didn't just mean Garcia and if they did fight they would still be friends.
    I could see him doing the same thing with Mayweather, which would have a good lead up to the fight (especially if they are still both undefeated) selling it as some Out with the old in with the new type thing although Mayweather would probably still win

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
      in all seriousness, when was the last time you heard floyd brag about his "0"? Respectfully, you can't run with stuff you read on NSB and accept it as gospel. Nor can you go with the opinions of writers that form their positions without comment from or contact with floyd.

Passing the torch doesn't mean losing. It means in floyd's last ppv fight he fights Broner and gets him maximum exsposure.

Floyd could very easily lose before this year is over so there is no guarantee he will be undefeated should he and broner ever fight.
      I feel like he said things about it leading into the Cotto fight though not as much as he used to. But i honestly think Broner can do good PPV numbers and get himself the same exposure he would get by fighting Floyd by not having to do that. I think Floyd is passing on the torch to Broner by kinda mentoring him and teaching him how to be a marketable fighter its obvious they have similarities in marketing themselves

Comment

Originally posted by RVABoxer View Post
        I feel like he said things about it leading into the Cotto fight though not as much as he used to. But i honestly think Broner can do good PPV numbers and get himself the same exposure he would get by fighting Floyd by not having to do that. I think Floyd is passing on the torch to Broner by kinda mentoring him and teaching him how to be a marketable fighter its obvious they have similarities in marketing themselves
        You may be right. But ppv is a funny thing. Margs was supposed to be big but did only 225k on the espn ppv with cintron some years back.

Hopefully Broner continues to get bigger. But a floyd fight-then a rios fight (rios would sell the fight big time) would really establish Broner on ppv IMO.

Comment

If Mayweather is going to stick around for 3 years like his contract claims, then him not fighting Broner is BS.

If Broner keeps going the way he's going, a showdown with Mayweather would be huge. I think Broner is scared of Mayweather and vice versa, I think it's too high of a risk fight for both of them.

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
            I found at 1:11 rather interesting.

The irony here, THAT fight coincidentally could the fight to put Broner completely over the top.
            I'd love to see Broner knock Floyd out, but the reality is by the time Broner gets up to 147, Floyd will either be out of boxing or way passed his prime. Floyd is smart and knows this kid is coming up and has probably befriended him to avoid a fight a couple of years from now.

Comment

real recognize real mayweather is the greatest of his era.. broner has potential to be the greatest of this era....

now the only reason I don't see this fight happening is I BET Floyd would be licking his chops to promote this guy in the future...

now seeing this fight play out I got it for Floyd via UD... I got "big-bro" > "baby-bro" as they like to call eachother that...

Comment

Fight will never happen. And Broner will never ever be able to beat Floyd outside of a miracle or some fluke ****. He's not close to his level and never will be. And I love Broner but cmon.

Edit- Add me to the group who has zero interest of seeing this fight. Lame fight.
                Last edited by B.U.R.N.E.R; 02-25-2013, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
                  Why are people so interested in seeing this fight???

Why would I wanna see a guy fight his idol?? The guy that he tries to dress like? The guy that he tries to talk like? The guy that he tries to fight like?

I don't get the attraction behind it.
                  People just love to b*tch and whinge about everything, I don't see how anyone in their right minds would be interested in watching this fight. The fight would be boring due to the fact that Broner is a freaking fiomo.

Comment

Though Broner looks up highly to Mayweather, don't be fooled to think given the opportunity that he wouldn't want to take Floyd's crown from him. Obviously things would need to materialize, but being I don't see Mayweather jumping to 154lbs full time anytime soon and Broner could be a Jr Welterweight by year's end, there is a bit of a collision course under the radar. I think it really depends on how Floyd looks this year. If we start to see major declines I don't think it would make sense being Broner is only going to get better. But if Floyd is still on top of his game and Broner keeps racking up wins inevitably leading him to 147, I can't imagine a bigger PPV fight and I doubt GBP would balk at the idea just because they're "friends" right now.

We also have to account for the public demand at that point.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                      People just love to b*tch and whinge about everything, I don't see how anyone in their right minds would be interested in watching this fight. The fight would be boring due to the fact that Broner is a freaking fiomo.
                      Exactly, himself is a fiomo, so this is a stupid fight to begin with.

Comment

Working...
                      X