No announcement yet.

The Mayweather Question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WitherGlove View Post
    You open your eyes who is there for floyd to fight honestly When he challenged Mosley, Kazta zu, Manny and the list goes on in there primes those guys made excuses now that Floyd is the Moeny maker all these guys want to scream he ducked them. And you can't compare guys then to now. Fighters then didn't even make 100 grand fighting Ali was the first to make over a million in a fight so those guys fought because they had to. I would bet my life if fighters back then made as much money as they do now they wouldn't have fought as much as they did
    True they would of fought less, but sports are for the competitive if your not boxing to compete with the best and your only in it for the money then you deserve the hate you get. No one wants to see a bunch of 13 year olds doing the 100 meter sprint they wanna see usain bolt break record. People go to the major sporting events for a reason they wanna see the best fight the best.

Comment

What are you jabbering on about TS, everyone pretty much accepts that he is the best so the standard is higher on him in regards to opponents chosen.

Comment

Originally posted by jamiegeorge91 View Post
        Anyone know how much cotto weighed for his fight I doubt it was over 160. Martinez would outweigh floyd by 20-25 pounds
        my point exactly remember how big Ortiz looked to floyd and that's at welterweight

Comment

Floyd's one of my favourite fighters, but dude open your eyes since time began the best fought the best no questions asked. They said SRL was a duck but atleast he fought the best. When your claiming your #1 you must proove your #1 yes floyd has beat everyone put in front of him and he must be saying to himself "how many guys must I beat for these guys to believe I'm the man" but the joke is they'll just keep throwing names out the hat saying sheet like "well he didn't fight this or that guy". but if your making a comeback in 2009 saying you want manny pacquiao then you go on to fighting JMM,mosley,Ortiz,cotto people start question why this **** ain't happend. No champion in history ever asked for ost
          The question is, does he still claim he's #1?

Comment

True they would of fought less, but sports are for the competitive if your not boxing to compete with the best and your only in it for the money then you deserve the hate you get. No one wants to see a bunch of 13 year olds doing the 100 meter sprint they wanna see usain bolt break record. People go to the major sporting events for a reason they wanna see the best fight the best.
            Very true I want the best to fight the best as well but times have changed I wish it was like the old days but I see why things have changed look at alot of former boxers warriors those guys can barely talk

Comment

good post great questions, i agree with all u said but u have to admitt floyd is full of it at times, and hes my fav boxer

and for someone to call a pro boxer a coward is just plain stupid none of these dudes are scared of eachother its just business

hes just that good that he cant be held to normal standards as a fighter! just think, when he gets hit in a BOXING match people go crazy n says hes losing it... larry merchant said he should be embarrased for getting hit by cotto another professional ranked boxer smh

Comment

Originally posted by 12TRIBEsRiSe View Post
                good post great questions, i agree with all u said but u have to admitt floyd is full of it at times, and hes my fav boxer

and for someone to call a pro boxer a coward is just plain stupid none of these dudes are scared of eachother its just business

hes just that good that he cant be held to normal standards as a fighter! just think, when he gets hit in a BOXING match people go crazy n says hes losing it... larry merchant said he should be embarrased for getting hit by cotto another professional ranked boxer smh
                Good post as well and very true. Like they say it's a price to be at the top. My only grip with Floyd is it's all business now. I guess only problem is though who has he not fought worthy of fighting at welter? Anyone he choice now is considered a easy fight. It's like a lose lose situation.
                Last edited by WitherGlove; 11-29-2012, 02:28 PM.

Comment

but these guys are the best that the times have to offer... outside of martinez n pac (canelo hasnt established himself yet needs to fight a top 154 pounder) criticism will come...

every one else isnt considered a threat but in reality they are the top ranked at the time... sucks but welcome to reality!

Comment

Originally posted by 12TRIBEsRiSe View Post
                    but these guys are the best that the times have to offer... outside of martinez n pac (canelo hasnt established himself yet needs to fight a top 154 pounder) criticism will come...

every one else isnt considered a threat but in reality they are the top ranked at the time... sucks but welcome to reality!
                    I say the same thing about The K brothers. I don't really care for there style but it's like really who can they fight?

Comment

Originally posted by WitherGlove View Post
                      Very true I want the best to fight the best as well but times have changed I wish it was like the old days but I see why things have changed look at alot of former boxers warriors those guys can barely talk
                      And there's a reason why those guys have respect by millions of fans. Obviously boxings a lot different now but people remember those guys for the classic fights they gave us. Not saying floyd doesn't deserve respect because he does. But don't expect to be loved by everyone when your careers over. Though it's not all floyd's fault, but PAC will probably get more love from the next generation because of all the classic fights he's been in

Comment

Working...
                      X