Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Mayweather Jr deserve the p4p #1 spot?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
    Ward should be #1
    ^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Ward
      marquez and floyd are the top 3 p4p In no particular order.

Comment

Too inactive to even be considered no.1

Comment

Ward, Sergio, Canelo, etc, etc. Floyd might be the best, but he needs bigger fights, and he doesn't fight enough. We'll see after his planned 2 fights in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Vilicious86 View Post
            Floyd is P4P #1 emeritus. You can't really take the status from him because he never lost it. He's just been inactive. Ward is the official top dog as long as Floyd sits out.
            Great reply with an even greater avatar.

Good job, my man.

Comment

Getting out of hand, Ward should be and right now he's comfortable in that spot in my opinion.

Ward
              Mayweather
              Marquez

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                I disagree, Bradley catches a lot of flack on here, but I had him beating Pacquiao. He is a fighter that is much better than he is given credit for.

He has true craft, intelligence, and slickness, and speed.

Marquez doesn't belong on the list because of the diminished skills he showed in the Pacquiao fight.

Don't get my wrong, Marquez is one of my favorite fighters of all time, but he was having real problems pulling the trigger last night, and against a fighter in their prime he would have been in serious trouble.

He wouldn't have beaten Bradley, Alexander, or Matthyse last night.

Unfortunately, I feel father time has finally caught up with him, much like it has with Pacquiao.

The man has boxed 462 rounds in his career. 30 more than Roy Jones, 4 more than Bernard Hopkins, 40 more than Erik Morales...

Wow. I did not know that. That's pretty amazing.

Comment

I hate the whole "he hasnt lost so how can you drop him from the no.1 spot" thing. P4P is entirely subjective and if i or anyone feels someone has over taken Floyd as the best in the world then that is just as correct as someone keeping him at the top. You dont need to lose for someone to overtake you.

Ward and Martinez are ahead of him in my books at the moment, I have JMM about level and Donaire could go past him if he fights and beats Mares or moves up again.

UNLESS of course Floyd proves me wrong in his next fight.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post

Wow. I did not know that. That's pretty amazing.
                    people need to consider that when they talk about longevity.
                    Marquez has more ring age on him than Hopkins, and in boxing, thats much more important than how old you are, its your ring age..

Marquez has had an incredibly long and prolific career.

Comment

Ward #1 for me.

Comment

Working...
                      X