No announcement yet.

what made ali convert to islam?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what made ali convert to islam?

sorry i don't feel like surfing the internet for it i just want a quick answer as to why he did

Short answer...He met Cap’n Sam...a Nation of Islam minister of a Miami mosque where he was training for the 1st Liston fight... was introduced to Malcolm X and they took him under their guidance...where his importance quickly grew being a high profile figure within the organization. They were his introduction and conversion into Islam...which was kept a secret until after he won the championship. He would later in life break away from the Nation of Islam over financial issues saying they had stolen his money...but remained a Muslim.

Comment

Nation of Islam

Comment

He said he felt most appreciated and accepted when ever he visited predominantly muslim places

Comment

I believe he considered Christianity a 'white' religion, and thought it was more fitting for a black man to be a Muslim. Same reason he gave for changing his name really, even if they are related.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
            Short answer...He met Cap’n Sam...a Nation of Islam minister of a Miami mosque where he was training for the 1st Liston fight... was introduced to Malcolm X and they took him under their guidance...where his importance quickly grew being a high profile figure within the organization. They were his introduction and conversion into Islam...which was kept a secret until after he won the championship. He would later in life break away from the Nation of Islam over financial issues saying they had stolen his money...but remained a Muslim.
            They ripped him off?

Comment

Originally posted by Jury View Post
              They ripped him off?
              I heard him say during an interview

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
                I believe he considered Christianity a 'white' religion, and thought it was more fitting for a black man to be a Muslim. Same reason he gave for changing his name really, even if they are related.
                Yeah, it's true they were what Ali thought, it seems to be an offshoot of the normal Islam, but I know F-All about them. One things for sure, he was wrong about the "Colour of Christianity",.... what on earth did he think they all did before islam ????.... Mostly Christian and anybody who has ever seen film of major Vatican event will see hundreds of African priests,... I think Ali was smart enough to know this fact but he saw himself in a moral war with the US establishment,.... Ali was a political animal...... In another time and place he could have been President, if he wasn't a boxer,,,,, BTW, any chance we'll see Pacquiao as the Phillipines President ???..... I can.

Comment

its a question only he could answer

Comment

Working...
                  X